Survivorman is coming to the Uintas

I just signed up on that site so I could get in on that action but then I thought better of it. We'll see how I feel later on tonight. :)

It seems to have both Les haters and Les lovers on it. I don't know why he attacked us and not the haters on his own forum.

"So if you don't know the area how the heck would you know that you were 1.2 miles from the road? :shrug: I have seen SAR events where the person was found 200 yards from their car. Heck I have helped lost people who were that close find their car. It seemed to me that what these guys were saying was a pretty big leap of logic and had a clear anti-Les bias for what ever reason. "

Did we say he was 1.2 miles from an unseen road? I thought we showed that he was 300 yards away from a very visible road...

You know you want to, Nick :)

Yeah, I don't think that guy even got to the part with the camp 300 yards from the road. And I'm pretty sure he knew he was by the dirt road since he WALKED from there to the campsite 1.2 miles away, which we clearly point out. :facepalm:

LOL Yes. Apparently so.

My main reason for joining in here, was to let you know that I found your evidence very compelling that not everything was on the "up & up" with that particular Survivorman episode. The evidence raises many questions. I also want to thank you for the time you folks took to do the investigation, and the follow up report/webpages. As you saw there at B&B there are some who prefer not to think the same way as I do. Whether or not you decide to enter in to the conversation in that topic at B&B or not, I hope you would be polite in any way you can. They are some very outstanding folks there, even if they also appear very outspoken in how they voice those opinions. Hopefully , if you do decide to participate there, you try to be civil to those who dispute your claims, even if it is hard to do. I would appreciate that.
:)

I would like to also say that while I was going through the assorted topics/threads regarding this subject, I saw some wonderful pictures of some of the areas you folks enjoy & that alone was great! You folks have some beautiful country to roam about it. I wish that someday I might be able to see those areas in person, even though that is unlikely. I am glad to have seen your forum , regardless of the reasons I was directed here. Thanks for that also!

If you don't mind I will hang around a bit & have more of a look see. Would that be alright?

Edit for syntax.

Welcome @MnSportsman! Of course that is alright, and thanks for the comments. I was thinking about signing in and posting over there, but definitely not to stir things up. In fact, that's probably why I didn't post! ;) But sometimes it's nice to have one of the actual people you're talking about there in the conversation. Keeps things more civil and makes it easy to do a little poking and prodding. Perhaps I still will.

Anyway, welcome to BCP. :)

any word on Les's potential Uintas trip he did/is doing?

any word on Les's potential Uintas trip he did/is doing?

He posted this on FB on Nov 1:

"Well.... I'm finally at my home for a mere two days before I head out for more filming....washing all my outdoor clothing, hanging with my son and daughter, hanging with the cats and dog and watching edits of shows already shot this past two months.....this schedule is gruelling all through this fall."

Based on his previous statement, I would assume the trip in two days would be the Uintas trip. So that means he's here or arriving here now.

Cold at night but nice in the daytime. Forecast is clear this week, so the risk of new snow is low.

He'll find some sweet spots off the road by Washington Lake...maybe even setup his tent outside of the designated tent area!!

I'm hearing from my sources that the filming is/was taking place on private land in the Weber Canyon drainage. Les did not obtain a commercial filming permit from the forest service, so if evidence ends up showing he crossed into public land, that would be something.

I'm hearing from my sources that the filming is/was taking place on private land in the Weber Canyon drainage. Les did not obtain a commercial filming permit from the forest service, so if evidence ends up showing he crossed into public land, that would be something.

I also get the feeling he framed that blonde girl and has been expressing himself with acrylic paint when the cameras aren't rolling.

That would make a lot of sense. I imagine it wouldn't be hard to rent a cabin like up in the Holiday Park area. You could walk out the back door a few hundred yards and really make it look like you are truly deep in the wilderness. It would be a good place for the crew to hang out while he did his thing.

Reactions: DAA
That would make a lot of sense. I imagine it wouldn't be hard to rent a cabin like up in the Holiday Park area. You could walk out the back door a few hundred yards and really make it look like you are truly deep in the wilderness. It would be a good place for the crew to hang out while he did his thing.

And no one gets mad when you leave a mess. I'll be curious to see how much disclosure is involved in the actual episode. Holiday Park is hardly wilderness. The entire north side of the canyon is private property though, so he has plenty of stage to craft his story.