Survivorman is coming to the Uintas

I'm fascinated by the 1,000 posts from people who think they're having a personal conversation with Les Stroud.

Are your comments still there?

I know, right. Amazingly, they are still there. That's the only time I posted anything about our research on his page that it didn't get promptly deleted.

I find the "if you spent all that time to debunk a TV show you need a life." comment to be the most ironic and hilarous of all.

After reading some of the comments and your responses I'm further convinced of your awesomeness!Rawr! - Classic

Go get'm Nick!
This guy is the "Narcissistic Poster Boy".

Les,

If you need any suggestions for camp sites within a few hundred yards off the road while in the Uintas let me know. I know some great ones you could survive in.

Hahaha! Ya know, that might be what bothers me the most about his first campsite off of Highway 276. Why on earth would he pick one that had a VISIBLE highway in 30%+ of the directions he could see from camp?! So many random junipers to choose from down there where you couldn't see the road at all but still be just as close. So strange...

I find the "if you spent all that time to debunk a TV show you need a life." comment to be the most ironic and hilarous of all.

That's my favorite too. If I were more argumentative, I'd reply to it. Hell, I almost did. But I really didn't intend to stir up the poop on there. I was just shocked that he is coming back to hit the Uintas now. I guess this winter I'll try harder not to go hiking in the desert and instead sit home and watch reality TV. Then I'll have a life! :)

A thought comes to mind. The production company has probably notified the Forest Service about what it'll be doing, including when and where. A well-placed call to the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache or Ashley National Forest offices might turn up some illuminating information. Failing that, a FOIA request might get the job done.

While looking on the Survivorman website for info on their production company, I spotted these testimonials...

‘This is my favorite new TV show … absolutely amazing’ … Ellen DeGeneres
‘This show is extremely addicting, I love it! … it’s the only guest my brother asked me to have on The View this year’ … Rosie O’Donnell

…from two authorities on survival and outdoor recreation. :rolleyes:

That's a good point, if he is filming on forest service land he will definitely need a permit, you should be able to track down that information if you really wanted to.

After reading some of the comments and your responses I'm further convinced of your awesomeness!Rawr! - Classic

I agree. That sentence is the greatest sentence!

I was going through that thread on Facebook, but couldn't find any of your posts.

I agree. That sentence is the greatest sentence!

I was going through that thread on Facebook, but couldn't find any of your posts.

That's weird. I see it in the second comment on the post. There are three that are marked as replied to by Les. You just have to expand it. Do you see those? My comments are under Wes' comment when you expand it.

Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 10.29.06 AM.png

I just read all the old threads about this guy on here last night, then watched the episode on YouTube and did lots of lol. I don't use fb so if you guys could post the juicy stuff here that would be awesome.

And please don't find any dirt on the show Dual Survivor, especially Matt Graham. I actually like that show.

The screen shot doesn't go down the page far enough to see, but, does that guy really have a Lester the Tool aka Survivorman tattoo??? Seriously???

Oh my gawd... What a maroon... Just when I thought I couldn't be moved by another stupid human trick. This... What kind of an intellectually and emotionally dwarfed wreck do you have to be, to permanently deface your body with advertising for Lester the Tool????

I'm sad for humanity...

- DAA

What kind of an intellectually and emotionally dwarfed wreck do you have to be, to permanently deface your body with advertising for Lester the Tool???? I'm sad for humanity...
- DAA

:thumbsup:

It's only 7:45 AM and my day is now complete! Man I love BCP in the mornings!

http://bladesandbushlore.com/index.php?topic=10066.msg188116;boardseen

"Sounds to me like a couple of first rate dopes dreamed up a way to get their five minutes of fame by character assassination on Less, and others jump on it to get in on the action.
Even if the allegations were true, I'd still never have any respect for anyone degrading someone else to make himself look like a real man.

I'd bet everyone involved in the report and those spreading word just love to tell kids there no Santa Claus and mistreat animals."

I'm pretty sure you and I are the "first rate dopes," @Nick :)