Album Sunsets

A common sight along the edges of the meager plots of public land (and around a ton of private land) here--NONE SHALL PASS it screams to me. (It's hard to read but says "No hunting or trespassing")

021318-8-L.jpg

Completely non backcountry, but there's not much around here... but this is something I haven't done nearly enough in recent months. There's a ridge to the West of my house that is family ground that I usually hike up regularly to glass around and watch the sunset. Well, tonight was one of those warm late winter days that gives a bit of hope for the coming spring, so I finally hiked up that ridge (and walked along it for maybe 1/2 mile). The sunset was, as usual, quite good from up there. (cell phone pic)

20180227_180921-L.jpg

Completely non backcountry, but there's not much around here... but this is something I haven't done nearly enough in recent months. There's a ridge to the West of my house that is family ground that I usually hike up regularly to glass around and watch the sunset. Well, tonight was one of those warm late winter days that gives a bit of hope for the coming spring, so I finally hiked up that ridge (and walked along it for maybe 1/2 mile). The sunset was, as usual, quite good from up there. (cell phone pic)

20180227_180921-L.jpg
Backcountry or not, that's a beautiful shot. I'm envious you have such a pretty spot to hike up to from your house!

Couldn't decide if this should go in the campsites, dog (butts) or sunset thread. A phone pic from camp in Comb Wash last month. And yes, I camp with a circular saw and lumber in the winter.

View attachment 62275
We have a dog butts thread?
How many cuts can you make running off that pickup bed inverter you have before the battery runs down?

We have a dog butts thread?
How many cuts can you make running off that pickup bed inverter you have before the battery runs down?

I doubt it would do any cuts without the motor going. And maybe not even with it going. I think it only supplies 100W/400W. I just bring my Dewalt 20v lithium circular saw and it can take care of me for a long winter weekend.