Album Summit Shots

Something more recent (Saturday), Lone Peak.
19732367_10155438199216870_4506511711182848789_n.jpg

First time using Cherry Canyon, very warm still at 6 am and ended up dehydrated.

I was up there last Saturday as well, and used the Cherry Canyon Trail...well...most of it. I didn't touch the section between Outlaw Cabin and Bear Canyon.

upload_2017-7-17_11-4-47.png

upload_2017-7-17_11-5-6.png

upload_2017-7-17_11-5-36.png

I was up there last Saturday as well, and used the Cherry Canyon Trail...well...most of it. I didn't touch the section between Outlaw Cabin and Bear Canyon.

View attachment 56080

You missed some good stuff, imho... there are no views to Utah county, but if you need water in summer, or some actual shade, then that little addition through Bear is worth it, the spring there is good-actually supplies some of my home drinking water-... and if you head straight up the ravine with outlaw cabin then you climb up to a spot above the cirque, that way is a bit more challenging and more direct than going south and linking back up to Jacob's ladder.
The downside with Cherry regardless is that climb both up and down is a slog in heat, in snow, anytime.

July 2017 I was able to enjoy the beautiful views from White Baldy another beautiful Wasatch Elevener.

Looking north from white Baldy you get a beautiful view of the red pine lakes on the left, white pine lake on the right, thunder mountain or lake peak in the center, and the beautiful Cottonwood Ridge as a backdrop.
IMG_2382.JPG
Looking East you get a close up view of red baldy with red top to the left and the American Fork Twin peaks poking up behind.
IMG_2374.JPG
Looking south you are greeted with Box Elder Peak on the right and the beautiful Mount Timpanogos in the background on the left.
IMG_2365.JPG
Looking west you have a spectacular view of Pfeifferhorn in the center, north Thunder on the ridge to the right, south thunder peaking behind the left side of Pfeifferhorn, and beautiful Lone Peak back left.
IMG_2397.JPG
Obligatory white baldy summit selfie with the summit registry mailbox.
IMG_2373.JPG

Nice, sounds like you cut over from Cherry to Draper Ridge then up to the Jct w/ Jacobs...

You missed some good stuff, imho...
The downside with Cherry regardless is that climb both up and down is a slog in heat, in snow, anytime.

Yes, a major slog, that spring was a life saver coming down. Above that spring it's a scenic route, love that back way to the cirque, used that last on my first time up in 1990, it was nice to revisit that part of the mountain after so many years.

Nice, sounds like you cut over from Cherry to Draper Ridge then up to the Jct w/ Jacobs...

Yep. I felt like the route I took allowed me to experience the best of both worlds up there. Very strenous, but very scenic. I loved that little section of smooth granite at the top of Willow Creek as I descended down to Outlaw Cabin from the summit, and also the approach back to the cirque from the trail that runs behind the cabin. Of course, everything between the Jct w/ Jacobs and the cirque/summit was spectacular and beautiful as well!

I drove up Mt Evans on my way home Monday to see how terrifying the road was before committing to take my mother-in-law up there when she comes to visit (either it's not bad or Colorado has already dulled my nerves to no-shoulder/no-guardrail switchbacks).

It's a people zoo on top, but nice views from the summit at 14,265ft. Figured I'd share even though it was a drive not a hike:

800.IMG_2510.jpg

800.IMG_2506.jpg

800.IMG_2507.jpg

800.IMG_2496.jpg

800.IMG_2499.jpg

Had the pleasure of hitting my first fourteener the beautiful Mt Sneffels at 14,150 feet in the San Juan range on August 1st. Wow! What a beautiful place with spectacular views!

View of upper, middle, and lower blue lakes.
IMG_2708.JPG
View of yankee boy basin.
IMG_2704.JPG
Looking down at blue lakes pass which separates yankee boy basin and the beautiful blue lakes area.
IMG_2706.JPG
Obligatory summit selfie with Mt Sneffels official summit register box.
IMG_2733.JPG

That was one of my first 14ers and I am hoping to repeat it later this summer so Diane can visit the summit.
That is one that is definitely worth repeating. We climbed up the south west ridge which had a fun scramble and then down the steep scree filled lavender Coulair. Before heading out I read your trip report from your 2014 blue lakes trip. Your pictures were spectacular. What an incredibly beautiful place.

That brings back some great memories. Super photos! What a great peak for your first Fourteener, too.

Last edited:
View from the summit of Culebra Peak (14,047) on Saturday morning.

Was it your final 14er? Seems like a lot of people do the pay-to-play climb last.