Album Summit Shots

Summit of Chief Mountain, 11709ft. Lousy day for views, but figured I'd post this for giggles - the dogs almost outnumbered the people on the top.

That is my murder beast in the foreground, safely out of range.

IMG_1564.JPG

@Rello I love what you are posting! what summit is that, im struggling and im the GNP nerd lol

Thanks Jeffrey! I'm in love with Big Sky Country...The pics were taken from Flinsch Peak:
1 - Rising Wolf Mt
2 - Mt Helen
3/4 - Mt Phillips
I knew it was south side but couldnt place it because rising wolf looked so small with like no snow lol. Hopefully in August I can get atleast one peak in, my dad is just a little bit un enthused about mountaineering even though i never get a sense its anything he cant do.

Big Sky country is the best in the states.

July 1 got to hit North Thunder Peak in the Wasatch range after it summoned me from South Thunder Peak a couple of weeks ago.

View of Lone Peak to the West
IMG_2092.JPG
View of salt lake valley to the northwest looking down Bells canyon.
IMG_2093.JPG
View looking north at the Cottonwood Ridge.
IMG_2096.JPG
View of the beautiful peaks to the east: red top, red baldy, white baldy, Pfeifferhorn, and UPWOP.
IMG_2097.JPG
View to the south of the thunder ridge, south thunder on the right with lightning ridge in the center, and Box Elder Peak on the left with Timpanogos in the background.
IMG_2098.JPG
Summit selfie with North Thunder summit register mailbox.
IMG_2102.JPG

July 1 got to hit North Thunder Peak in the Wasatch range after it summoned me from South Thunder Peak a couple of weeks ago.

View of Lone Peak to the West
View attachment 55827
View of salt lake valley to the northwest looking down Bells canyon.
View attachment 55828
View looking north at the Cottonwood Ridge.
View attachment 55829
View of the beautiful peaks to the east: red top, red baldy, white baldy, Pfeifferhorn, and UPWOP.
View attachment 55830
View to the south of the thunder ridge, south thunder on the right with lightning ridge in the center, and Box Elder Peak on the left with Timpanogos in the background.
View attachment 55831
Summit selfie with North Thunder summit register mailbox.
View attachment 55832

I recently read Justin's post on this one...misery for him. Dehydration sucks! But congrats to you guys on putting this one in the bag.

I recently read Justin's post on this one...misery for him. Dehydration sucks! But congrats to you guys on putting this one in the bag.
Thanks, and I enjoyed your Lone Peak pictures. Yes, I felt bad for him. He is a strong hiker and was pretty miserable all the way down the mountain. Definetly a good reminder to drink lots of water and find ways to cool down. I kept dumping snow inside my hat all day long. It was a hot one.

Something more recent (Saturday), Lone Peak.
19732367_10155438199216870_4506511711182848789_n.jpg

First time using Cherry Canyon, very warm still at 6 am and ended up dehydrated.

Back