Album Strange Things

For range grazing studies. Compare grazing outside if the cages to ungrazed. I put a few of those out many years ago.

Deleted- @Bob is right! I learn something new every day.

Similar metal screen cages but with much smaller holes (“hardware cloth”) are often partially buried in the ground around a rare wildflower and is used to protect rare species and their seeds from rodents. Protecting rare lupines is an example, notice the mesh size is much smaller:

By the way, I had the photo up on the screen yesterday, Rick walked by, stopped and said: “what’s that?” :)

Last edited:
But a white shadow ?!?!?

I've had a shadow blow by me on the ground and looked up and saw the plane at 15K' or so. It was black of course. Hmmm...

I'm not saying we figured it out, but it looks like the same phenomenon. White shadow on that plane too, but much closer. Perhaps because the patrol plane was much closer to the ground than the commercial jet. Perhaps google has an algorithm that tries to remove planes from sat imagery and this is what it looks like when it fails? For all the planes in the air, you'd think this would be a lot more common in sat imagery.

upload_2015-10-17_14-51-58-png.35616

For all the planes in the air, you'd think this would be a lot more common in sat imagery.
Maybe this is something they screen for also when they select an image - like they do for clouds.

In the winter of 2011, while hiking on a sandbar along the Missouri River, I found a message in a bottle. Unfortunately, water had gotten in the bottle and the paper disintegrated when I tried to get it out to read the note. Always have wondered what it said.

P1010738-XL.jpg

this is a bottle we found in downeast Maine (near Rogue Bluffs) two summers ago ... we were able to get most of the things out of it ... it was from an elementary school in Nova Scotia.

1586539275826.png

In the winter of 2011, while hiking on a sandbar along the Missouri River, I found a message in a bottle. Unfortunately, water had gotten in the bottle and the paper disintegrated when I tried to get it out to read the note. Always have wondered what it said.

P1010738-XL.jpg

Last Friday we had very heavy rain in the neighborhood approximately five kilometers away from us. A little creek who is running through the city is in the summer bone dry and two hundred in the distance from the main street. But not in that moment. All the water comes from side streets and was flooding the whole area.

3635fad2214f40a8ba7ed8f876a5cb4d.jpg

4ee5cce50d778c974be625d7706c1763.jpg

ea1bbaf4de40b570165b61ddcdaa4943.jpg

3966b8fbd67115bd5312cb3327b5345d.jpg

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk