Album Snow and Winter Shots

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

John Morrow

SteveR

Nice, JM! And a telemarker too- an endangered species around here. I do most of my backcountry on AT now, but like to fire off a tele or two sometimes on my XC skis, just for old times sake. In a normal ski season around the Canadian Rockies- mid March to early May would be prime time for long days ski touring and turning amongst the high peaks and glaciers along the divide. Not so this year, as all of that terrain west of Calgary is found in the national parks or the Kananaskis provincial parks- all effectively closed. A lot of public land akin to BLM is still open in the foothills but is not great for powder turns due to a low and weak snowpack- but still good for some xc style touring, especially as we have been back into unseasonable winter weather this week, after a taste of spring last weekend.
P1110259-copy-2.jpg

A return to Winter Wonderland.
P1110307-copy-2.jpg

A few days later- more snow, but grooming done for the season, Still, very good skier tracked conditions.
P1110313-copy-2.jpg

Glad to see others have been getting out, despite gov't making it more difficult by keeping this area open, but closing the main parking lots.
Makes sense to potentially squeeze people who want some responsible, health and sanity maintaining outdoor activity into the small trailhead areas remaining. Right??? With that in mind- we've been avoiding this area the last two weekends. I think that I could get used to being (semi) retired!
P1110284-copy-2.jpg

Another day- a link up of off-trail meadows and ski trails.
P1110305-copy-2.jpg

Delightful skiing on an undulating old logging road.
P1110319-copy-2.jpg

A return to the roots of xc skiing-meadow skipping on the light touring setup.