Album Rivers and Streams

I have posted these elsewhere on BCP, but I think they fit in here.
On a loop trip into the Escalante and back up Harris Wash in 1979. In a fairly drunken stupor we missed the entry to Harris Wash, ended up going cross country to the Escalante, then up Harris:

Along the Escalante:

Heading back up Harris:

The coolness level is off the charts here. I love seeing shots from outdoors trips before my time.

Home Creek running through Fern Canyon. Lucky to walk through it all with nobody else in the canyon. Usually the walls are covered with lush green ferns, but many ferns were brown (likely zapped by frost this winter). As it warms up, they will regrow, get all green and be ready for showtime when @Miya arrives later this year! :cool:

Entry into Fern Canyon (vertorama with Rick on the move...)
View attachment 75789

Nice narrow part, logs upstream of Rick
View attachment 75791

Reflection of the brown ferns zapped by frost:
View attachment 75793

View attachment 75794

Rick passing some logs, canyon getting more narrow
View attachment 75796

We hiked out of the canyon upstream (past the log jam) and hiked back on the James Irvine trail. Great hike, 11-12 miles yesterday. And the best thing: no freaking SNOW @Artemus
So, just found that you tagged me. Why are you upset with SNOW wrt me? I wanna see this Fern Canyon. Guide me? Did @Miya end up partaking?

So, just found that you tagged me. Why are you upset with SNOW wrt me? I wanna see this Fern Canyon. Guide me? Did @Miya end up partaking?

It’s a while ago, but you posted a fun story about your winter, starting with the first pretty snow flakes, you and your sweetheart sitting at the fire place with a glass of wine, then the winter got worse and worse, several feet of snow had to be to cleared off the long driveway (we have one like that too), multiple storms per week and the fussy warm winter feeling kind of vanished. Our “Redwood /Oregon coast” trip was shortly after your post, we escaped the never ending Northeastern winter and went hiking in the redwoods. Last minute booking with air miles, one week, exceptional nice weather, everything was very green and “no snow”! That’s why I tagged you :). Obviously the long snowy winter was much needed to elimate drought and replenish the water reservoirs, etc.

Fern Canyon is pretty cool and I will be happy to guide you @Artemus , ha... but don’t expect solitude in Fern Canyon itself (I think my first trip report has better photos of all the green ferns). But in our opinion the long loop hike from the visitor center to Fern Canyon via the James Irvine trail, ending up on the beach at the Pacific Ocean with the elk roaming everywhere, then back into the redwoods via Miners Ridge is a superb redwood hike. Most people drive out to Fern Canyon. @Miya has previously said she wanted to see Fern Canyon (maybe it was even on her 2019 bucket list), but no she wasn’t there. Not sure if she will make it this year, but @Miya and @Bobbiesworld626 did another great trip to Northern California and Oregon.

Just a few shots of some of the runoff and outlets along my last hike to Pagoda Mountain.

Outlet from Black lake
nur4Lpm.jpg

Waterfall on one of the outlets from Frozen lake
8s6oyOg.jpg

Another view of the outlet from Black lake
lgpOLkZ.jpg

Another along the way to Mills Lake
QDoPvSJ.jpg

It’s a while ago, but you posted a fun story about your winter, starting with the first pretty snow flakes, you and your sweetheart sitting at the fire place with a glass of wine, then the winter got worse and worse, several feet of snow had to be to cleared off the long driveway (we have one like that too), multiple storms per week and the fussy warm winter feeling kind of vanished. Our “Redwood /Oregon coast” trip was shortly after your post, we escaped the never ending Northeastern winter and went hiking in the redwoods. Last minute booking with air miles, one week, exceptional nice weather, everything was very green and “no snow”! That’s why I tagged you :). Obviously the long snowy winter was much needed to elimate drought and replenish the water reservoirs, etc.

Fern Canyon is pretty cool and I will be happy to guide you @Artemus , ha... but don’t expect solitude in Fern Canyon itself (I think my first trip report has better photos of all the green ferns). But in our opinion the long loop hike from the visitor center to Fern Canyon via the James Irvine trail, ending up on the beach at the Pacific Ocean with the elk roaming everywhere, then back into the redwoods via Miners Ridge is a superb redwood hike. Most people drive out to Fern Canyon. @Miya has previously said she wanted to see Fern Canyon (maybe it was even on her 2019 bucket list), but no she wasn’t there. Not sure if she will make it this year, but @Miya and @Bobbiesworld626 did another great trip to Northern California and Oregon.

Haven't made it there yet! Still want to, I keep heading towards the Sierras this summer. I imagine Fern Canyon is crazy busy over the summer and was going to wait till kids get back into school. :)

One last Paris photo, in my opinion, the best part of Paris in the summer was walking along the Seine (both day and night). The museums were very crowded, it made it hard to appreciate the art.

Daytime
09-06-19_12-25_2.jpg

Blue hour
09-06-19_15-14.jpg

Night time
09-06-19_16-18_1.jpg

If you ever visit Paris stay within easy walking distance of the Seine
more Paris here https://backpackandbeer.blogspot.com/2019/08/paris.html

I gave up my Winds trip this year to accompany my sister and friends to this, can I say "popular", place. Too many words come to mind. Some pictures will help.
Havasupai0268-fix-recipe-sh.jpg

Havasupai0396.jpg

Havasupai0333.jpg

Thank heavens for the water. The heat melted me much slower when I was in the water or under a fall.