Permits 2019

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Nick

Spiral out.
Trip Reports
Thread starter #1
This thread might be mostly applicable to the river folk around here, but can also be for everyone else going for permits in the 2019 lotteries like Glacier, etc. Share your victories, losses and frustrations.

My 2019 permit luck started out reeeeeal good today. I'll be spending 2 weeks in the Canadian and Alaskan backcountry rafting the Tatshenshini and Alsek Rivers over my 40th birthday this July. :cool:

I feel like framing this screenshot. It's the first time a permit email has ever started out with 'Congratulations' for me.

IMG_2104.jpeg

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Jackson

I like to go outside.
Trip Reports
This thread might be mostly applicable to the river folk around here, but can also be for everyone else going for permits in the 2019 lotteries like Glacier, etc. Share your victories, losses and frustrations.

My 2019 permit luck started out reeeeeal good today. I'll be spending 2 weeks in the Canadian and Alaskan backcountry rafting the Tatshenshini and Alsek Rivers over my 40th birthday this July. :cool:

I feel like framing this screenshot. It's the first time a permit email has ever started out with 'Congratulations' for me.

View attachment 72851
That is so awesome. I already can't wait to see the report for this one. NW Canada is high on my list.

Kmatjhwy

Wilderness Wanderer
Trip Reports
Nick, This is Awesome!!! Wow! This place is also on my list to see sometime. I love this whole Wrangell - St. Elias - Fairweather Area for what I have seen ... It is soooo Incredibly Awesome! Am again soooo Happy For You! Congratulations! Looking forward to your awesome trip report after your trip.

Wishing You the Best!

Trip Reports
Congrats on the permit and for affording a condo just for your cat, Richie Rich... :twothumbs:

Trip Reports
Super cool way to spend your 40th. When my wife and I drove to Alaska, we spent a cold rainy night at a hotel in Haines Junction vs pitching a tent somewhere nearby, woke up in the morning and loaded up the car and immediately made a wrong turn and headed south towards Haines vs. west towards Fairbanks. We pulled over to explore a lake and looking at a map we realized we were going the wrong way, we turned around and headed back to the Alcan and Fairbanks. When I think of this day, I wish we had not discovered our mistake until it was too late. All of that is just to say, it is a beautiful part of the world and I am incredibly jealous :) Looking forward to the trip report

Trip Reports
After a 2 1/2 hour internet fight of "blue circles of death," frozen screens, and general non-lethal mayhem, I got through for a permit to hike Havasu Falls.

Leaving around 1 pm this afternoon.

Nick

Spiral out.
Trip Reports
Thread starter #10
Wow. You just barely got it and you have to head out immediately?

Trip Reports
So far I've had pretty good luck securing the permits I wanted to get this year.

Besides an assortment of Canyonlands permits (plus a few more I want to get for later in the year), one person in our group got a San Juan River permit for May, I reserved an overnight trip to Keet Seel and I got the dates I wanted for Havasupai in October. Should be another great year!

Trip Reports
Lucky dog! It should be a good year for flows. What section(s) are you doing? I was shooting for early to mid May for Sand Island to Clay Hills but we all got skunked.
We are just doing the upper portion this year....some of us (mainly me) don't have enough time for the full thing in one shot.