Album Panoramas and Stitched Images

@Michael did you do a backpack to Collet Top Arch?
Driving around in that area with an RV seems pretty tricky to me.

Oh no, Henk,
The Smokey Mtn rd isn't really designed for RVs. :)
We hired a 4WD in Page, AZ. Headed up the Cottonwood Canyon rd, played along Hole in the Rock rd and went back to Page via Smokey Mnt rd.

Gesendet von meinem iPadAir mit CrapaTalk

I really like panoramas and first discovered stitching about 3 years ago. I've mad a lot of mistakes and I'm slowly getting better at it, but I think I've got a long way to go before I get to the excellence of so many of the pictures on this thread. I'm honestly in awe of how good many of these pictures are.

Anyway, I thought I'd post some of my own here. Went to Canyonlands last month. This is from the overlook over Salt Creek Canyon on the peninsula on Bridger Jack Mesa near Cathedral Butte.

CLSC-9.jpg

Little Rock Canyon in Provo, Utah.
I need to get a wide angle lens for my camera so I don't have to stitch together 100 pictures to capture a simple scene like this.

DSCF2461_stitch-5.jpg

I let Google Photos do all the stitching for me. I'm finding myself resorting to it more than my camera's pano mode or doing it by hand. Here's a few recent ones to add to the gallery here...

Silver Lake Flat (June 2015)
P1020517-PANO.jpg

Mount Timpanogos from Christ Flat (June 2015)
P1020667-PANO.jpg

Morat Lakes in Naturalist Basin (June 2015)P1020952-PANO.jpg

Kluane Lake ! Hey i've been there! On a trip to AK. We flew a small plane over the St. Elias range from there. Phenomenal. Why were you there?

BTW Great pano!
My wife wanted to do something special for our 30th anniversary and decided we should go to Alaska. We ended up going on a tour. When I saw the itinerary I thought that the some of the things on the tour would make me gag - too touristy. But it all ended up being good. Even the worst of the touristy stuff. Anyway, we stopped at Destruction Bay for lunch. I was blown away by the view. While everyone else was in eating lunch I was outside taking pictures. My wife made sure they didn't leave me there! I would really like to go back someday.

Would have loved to have been able to fly over the St. Elias range. I thoroughly believe you when you say that it was phenomenal.

This week was my 6 year old's turn for a daddy-daughter trip. We backpacked the "Seventeen Lakes" loop trail and hit the Notch yesterday morning. Full TR coming soon. In the mean time, here's the pano view off the Notch looking south.

P1030039-PANO.jpg

View east from Scottsbluff in western Nebraska. Ruts from the wagon trains on the Oregon Trail making their way to Mitchell Pass 150 to 180 years ago can be seen running just to the left of the walking path. More ruts are visible between the gullies on the lower left of the picture. The butte standing alone on the left side of the picture is Dome Rock. Crown Rock is the promontory extending closest to the Visitor Center to its left. The looping road passes through the back of Eagle Rock and Sentinel Rock is the high point immediately beyond Eagle Rock. The route of the Oregon Trail passed between Eagle and Sentinel Rocks at Mitchell Pass. About a quarter of a million people passed this way between 1830 and 1860 on the first real thru hike (self supported) in North America long before the AT, CDT, and PCT.P7031401-Pano.jpg