Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

Thought I would introduce myself. Stumbled upon this site and just signed up. Looks like a great resource.
I live in Idaho Falls, the hub to all things outdoors. Love this area where I am within an hour and a half of some of the most incredible destinations in the world (Yellowstone, Central Idaho Mountains, the Tetons, etc.)
Mackay, Idaho (other side of the mountain from Sun Valley) is where I grew up but didn't get into hiking until I had pretty much moved away from the Lost River Valley that has 4 of the 5 tallest mountains in Idaho. Still kicking myself for all those wasted years. I did grow up with a love for the outdoors and that has only blossomed as I have grown.
I am a Scoutmaster now and find some of my greatest outdoor experiences involve teaching a Scout how to light a match for the first time or taking them on a hike to breathtaking views.

I am an amateur iPhoneographer and love the simplicity of using the same device to take pictures that also acts as my GPS, watch, and communication device.

[bimg=4]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1003066_10201888924413020_1480058210_n.jpg[/bimg]

I am an amateur iPhoneographer and love the simplicity of using the same device to take pictures that also acts as my GPS, watch, and communication device.

photo.php

Welcome to BCP! It looks like your pic isn't showing up because of Facebook permissions.

Hello, I'm Phill Monson. I am a photographer in SLC but focus mostly on the southwest area. Glad to be on here and learn of new places, and maybe share a few of my own.

Welcome to BCP! It looks like your pic isn't showing up because of Facebook permissions.

Hence the "Noob" posting. Looks like right clicking on the picture and selecting "copy image url" works.
[bimg=The Grand Tetons, as viewed from Table Mountain (Tablerock)]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1150333_10201903798344859_1145967121_n.jpg[/bimg]

Hello,
I've been checking out posts on this site for a while now and I find it useful and fairly low key. Figured I would add some of my own adventures from time to time since. So here it goes...

Ryan

Hence the "Noob" posting. Looks like right clicking on the picture and selecting "copy image url" works.
[bimg=The Grand Tetons, as viewed from Table Mountain (Tablerock)]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1150333_10201903798344859_1145967121_n.jpg[/bimg]

Showing up now! Very nice!

Hello,
I've been checking out posts on this site for a while now and I find it useful and fairly low key. Figured I would add some of my own adventures from time to time since. So here it goes...

Ryan

Welcome to BCP @Magic_Hour!

Hey guys, I'm Dan, from the east coast, but do most of my backpacking out west. Stumbled on this site while looking for some information on a return trip to Glacier. Pretty sweet stuff, got to love the west.

Hello all. Been looking all over for a good place to get in on on backpacking. I'm really in need of a getaway to calm my mind, etc. I'm from the Peoplez Republik of New Jerzistan and there's not a lot here. Despite all the jokes, there are some nice places here. But I want to go somewhere rugged and beautiful. Been thinking of a 2-3 night backpacking trip somewhere in NY, VT, NH or even ME. The Adirondacks seem to be piqueing my interest but I'll appreciate any suggestions you all can give me. Hoping this turns out to be a great community!

I'm from the Peoplez Republik of New Jerzistan and there's not a lot here.

Welcome to BCP! I've been hearing a little bit about the pine barrens of NJ lately and that it's supposed to be really untouched. You ever do anything out there?

@jdgibney might have some advice if you're heading north towards NH.

Yes, I've frequently hiked and kayaked at East Creek Lake which is part of Belleplain State Forest, which is, of course, part of the pine barrens. Its nice.

Guess this is the place for introductions... my name is Kelly (Kelbo) and I'm addicted to hiking, backpacking, and thru hiking. Located in Southern California I have plenty of places to go to get a quick fix (Anza Borrego, the Sierras, Yosemite, the PCT, etc). Just got off a 10 day backpack on a section of the JMT (the John Muir Trail) from Bishop Pass to Whitney which was amazing. I'm also a leader for the San Diego chapter of the Sierra Club. If it wasn't for my job I'd be on the trail 24/7... all I can say is some day! :thumbsup:

Hello all. Been looking all over for a good place to get in on on backpacking. I'm really in need of a getaway to calm my mind, etc. I'm from the Peoplez Republik of New Jerzistan and there's not a lot here. Despite all the jokes, there are some nice places here. But I want to go somewhere rugged and beautiful. Been thinking of a 2-3 night backpacking trip somewhere in NY, VT, NH or even ME. The Adirondacks seem to be piqueing my interest but I'll appreciate any suggestions you all can give me. Hoping this turns out to be a great community!

Welcome to BCP! I've been hearing a little bit about the pine barrens of NJ lately and that it's supposed to be really untouched. You ever do anything out there?

@jdgibney might have some advice if you're heading north towards NH.

Been super slacking (physically and internetedly) with hiking/adventure stuff this summer which is a bummer (moved in with girlfriend/kid, big changes, blah blah blah), glad I caught this. There are plenty of good multiple day trips you can take in the white mountains in NH. An awesome though very popular one is the Pemi Loop
http://www.davidalbeck.com/hiking/pemiloop.html
I haven't tackled it yet, but will in the next year (I've done parts of it), some people do it in a day, some do it over a few days (I'd probably take a couple of nights to enjoy it and get some good photos, etc....

Can't speak for the other states but I know there are plenty of good hiking/backpacking opportunities up here.....

Just stopped in to say hi - I'm Dave, love mountain biking, hiking and have recently gotten back into backpacking. By recently, this past July. A 3 generation backpack in the San Juans. I think I just enjoy being outside, and the bike or the shoes are the tools to get me there!

Hey guys, came across this website while looking for backpacking recipes and how to dehydrate food. Mostly do my backpacking and camping in the southeast and help out with a local boy scout troop as an adult leader.

Hi I'm Jessica, and I just moved back to SLC from Boston and now I'm finding that all my old hiking buddies have moved on. I've been looking around for new ones and so Im glad I stumbled onto this site! I have some time to kill this fall while in between gigs so I'm desperate to pack around S. Utah. Anyone interested in making a new trail friend for fall should let me know! I've got my eye on hikes around zion like The Barracks but even a stroll up one of the wasatch peaks would make for a fun time.

I'm Matt.
Currently working on a masters degree in Mental Health Counseling and look forward to using this site as a reference for future recreation activities.
I love Utah

Hi all! I'm Amanda from the lovely serene wilderness of Houston, TX. I know few people who are able/willing/non-annoying enough to come hiking with me, so I discovered the joy of traveling solo earlier this year. I'm planning a trip for next month, so I figured it was finally time to emerge from lurkerdom and get some advice.

Hi all! I'm Amanda from the lovely serene wilderness of Houston, TX. I know few people who are able/willing/non-annoying enough to come hiking with me, so I discovered the joy of traveling solo earlier this year. I'm planning a trip for next month, so I figured it was finally time to emerge from lurkerdom and get some advice.
Hi, Amanda. Have you hiked any of the Lone Star trail? A friend and I
did the wilderness loop off 149 last week. One of the few sections not closed due to hunting. Nothing exciting, though.