Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

Hey all. I'm new here. I'm trying to prepare for a four day trip to a back country cabin up here in Montana. The trip isn't until September but I'm trying to gather as much information as I can on what to take/wear/expect etc.

Hey all i am new to the forum. Iv camped a lot before but have only backpacked once with scouts like 6 years ago. I love to fly fish and am looking very forward to getting up into some of those hidden lakes throughout the Unitas. I am a student at Weber State and also play on their ice hockey team.

Hi there! I'm Erin and I work for an ourdoor retailer. Love the benies of the job. I love hiking, fishing and camping. I've only done one backpacking trip to Little Death Hollow (It was epic), but I"m currently prepairing for a few month long road journey which will include many many hikes and backpacking trips.

I love Utah, the dessert and all it has to offer, but I'm excited to see even more!

Hi!

I´m Rolf, 61 years old, married, German. Traveling the American Southwest together with my wife for 30 Years. More or less we also are some kind of Moabites. Came back from another month in Moab last weekend.

Our main interests are solitude, Geology and riding rocky trails with a Jeep. Wrangler preferred! Sometimes we charter a little airplane and fly with Tim Martin over the amazing landscape.

We operate a website with (estimated) 2.500 pictures from the American Southwest. Sorry - German language and some older, scanned slide-pictures too. (See signature) As an example one picture from a flight.

PICT0664_12.jpg

More pictures 900 x 600 px and 1200 x 900 px.

I am Richard. Born in Utah spent several years away in Sweden, England, and Northern California. But I am back and. I dabble in everything outdoors. But focus mainly on snowboarding hiking/backpacking. I want to get back into fly fishing. Any excuse to get outside is a good on. Excited to add to but mostly use the info here.

Hi!

I´m Rolf, 61 years old, married, German. Traveling the American Southwest together with my wife for 30 Years. More or less wew also are some kind of Moabites. Came back from another month in Moab last weekend.

Our main interests are solitude, Geology and riding rocky trails with a Jeep. Wrangler preferred! Sometimes we charter a little airplane and fly with Tim Martin over the amazing landscape.

We operate a website with (estimated) 2.500 pictures from the American Southwest. Sorry - German language and some older, scanned slide-pictures too. (See signature) As an example one picture from a flight.

PICT0664_12.jpg

More pictures 900 x 600 px and 1200 x 900 px.

Great to see you here, Rolf!!! :)

Hi Rolf
Glad to see you here.
You will see that the conversational tone is much warmer here than in a certain large German photo forum ;-)

Hi Rolf
Glad to see you here.
You will see that the conversational tone is much warmer here than in a certain large German photo forum ;-)

:D

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

Hello everybody! New guy here...
my hiking/backpacking knowledge is pretty much all military based,... so if there's a term for the furthest most polar opposite of ultra-light weight minimalist, thats where my backpacking expertise will shine, considering the amount of crap we had to carry on our "hikes".

This last deployment to Afghanistan really opened my eyes, and made me think about all the things I have wanted to do, and remind me that my days are numbered... So it's about time I had gotten started.

One of my buddies and I are planning a thru-hike of the AT the end of next month.

Figured since summer is right around the corner I'd log on and get some ideas. I'm a high school counselor for 9 months out of the year and outdoor enthusiast the other 3 or so (really whenever I get the chance). I've got 31 countries under my belt and love to hike!

Hi! I'm Hayley, born and raised in Utah. I love backpacking, kayaking (sea), fly fishing and photography! Definitely a summer girl and I milk it for all its worth. All of my adventures are in Utah...I figure once I've explored it all here, or get bored (whichever comes first, though neither are likely) then I will move on:) I've been stalking the Uintas Conditions 2013 forum for about a week now. The itch is bad...

Hello, I'm Bryce and new to the forum. I was looking for trail condition on Timpanogos in Utah. Going at the end of the month with my twin boys to start out the summer. Then to Kings Peak the next week. Maybe to Idaho after that and after a tiny break, to the Wasatch mountains for a week of photography session with the great wapiti of Utah. Love the site. Wish everyone a summer full of safe adventures!

Hi, I'm Dave and have been reading Nicks TR's for a few years now and really enjoy them. I've lived in Layton UT since 98, but grew up in Cali and spent a few years living in Mexico and Alaska. Wifey and I are DINK's and I do a few trips a year to the Uintas, or the Desert. I mainly hike with my Brother and enjoy Boarding and Mnt biking as well. This year Im leaving the groud as much as possible and going to start hanging (hammock Camping). Looking foward to meeting you Guys on the Trail. = )

Hi, I am Nanda. Originally from Nepal, I've been in SLC for 6-7 years now. Just recently got this urge to do some camping/backpacking this summer. It's just me and my 2 dogs and I have yet to do any backpacking(solo or group). Looking to head out somewhere this July 4th, let's see. Just got my first tent and some other gear. I have done few day hikes with my dogs last couple years and I think they will do well in backpacking trips. I am looking for buddies to backpack with(as I haven't done solo yet) and I am particularly interested in uintas and logan canyon.

Hello, my name is Bryan and I live in San Tan Valley, Arizona. I build custom pool cues for a living. My website is...

http://www.bcmcue.com

I am really enjoying this site, great trip reports and photography! I enjoy hiking and photography and I'm looking forward to doing some backpacking for the first time in the near future. Here is a link to my Flickr photostream in case you wanted to have a look at some of my photography.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45283197@N03/

Thanks,
Bryan

Hi! My name is Jessica and I am so new here I don't even have a picture avatar yet. I love the outdoors and I live in Idaho. I am a very new beginner in all things outdoors and my daughters and I are headed out for a camping trip that will include some hiking so while looking for trail info, I was led here. Looking forward to reading more of the forum!

Hi! My name is Jessica and I am so new here I don't even have a picture avatar yet. I love the outdoors and I live in Idaho. I am a very new beginner in all things outdoors and my daughters and I are headed out for a camping trip that will include some hiking so while looking for trail info, I was led here. Looking forward to reading more of the forum!
Welcome, I hope you find what your looking for. And as long as that's a life long passion of the outdoors then you've already found it.

Salud.

Hey there! I'm Crystal, a transplant to Utah. I came here to have the beautiful Wasatch Mountains as my personal play ground and board in the worlds greatest snow.