Album Non-Backcountry Photos

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

b.stark

Forever Wandering
How frightening! I hope there were no deaths. Maybe that is a dumb hope, idk if people have to be in the grain elevator...?
Reports indicate that one person was burned, but no deaths. People are generally present to operate and maintain the equipment.

Article from a local newspaper: Grain Elevator Explosion - SCJ

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Curt

Saw pictures of this in the Lincoln paper. The other side looks almost as bad. Amazing that it didn't collapse.

SKLund

I was in New York City for work last week and stopped by the National Museum of the American Indian. It was cool to see some artifacts that came from the southwest backcountry in the middle of the city.

Actual petroglyphs from Sand Tank, Inyo County, California

Bag, sandal, and water jug from Grand Gulch, Utah

Rabbit hunting stick, shell bead necklace, dipper, and hafted point from Grand Gulch, Utah

And, just for fun, here are a couple of photos from Central Park.

Jungle through the trees

Gazebo near 5th Avenue and 66th Street
Sucks that they ripped out that petroglyph. It's a Coso glyph from Kern and Inyo counties in CA.

Deleted User

Deleted User
I like this thread! Great photos in here! I love the use of lighting and the subject matter everyone had shared.

Here are a few of my non backcountry shots.

Figure Form Light Painting

Ghost Pumpkins that I grew and carved

Camping origami color gel experiment

Color Gel Studio Shot

The Wine Glass

homelessshleter.jpg

Homeless Shelter in SLC

Rockskipper

No ETA
This is for @Perry and any other railfans on here. Big Blue Montana Rail Link helper engines pretending they're steam engines while pushing a coal train through Livingston, MT. Sepia was the only way I could make this work, as they were in bright sun and spewing diesel smoke everywhere. I like trains, but glad to not live near them.

IMG_3229.jpg

Perry

Formerly Cuberant
This is for @Perry and any other railfans on here. Big Blue Montana Rail Link helper engines pretending they're steam engines while pushing a coal train through Livingston, MT. Sepia was the only way I could make this work, as they were in bright sun and spewing diesel smoke everywhere. I like trains, but glad to not live near them.

View attachment 77387
Love the sepia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockskipper

No ETA
I used to ride the Silverton-Durango train about once a year, but not real happy with them since they started the big fire down there last summer. It's sure a neat train, though.

Rockskipper

No ETA
Maybe we should start a train thread. One more - coal hopper cars in evening light at Livingston. Those things lose around 500# per car in transport on average as coal dust. Lots come through Montana from the Powder River Basin.

IMG_3204.jpg