Album Home

Care to identify the cloud type for us?
I love clouds.

Did you know that there is a Cloud Appreciation Society? They have a mailing list with a daily cloud picture.

Did you know there are dozens if not hundreds of different types of clouds in the scientific classification system that ranks them as genera and species?
https://public.wmo.int/en/WorldMetDay2017/classifying-clouds (I haven't found a total number of identified clouds to reinforce my memory of hundreds)

Did you know that our very own BCP has a photo forum just for clouds? (ok it is for weather and storms too but clouds rule the roost)

Nick besides the incredible view from your house I have often admired your deck. I remember seeing pictures when you were building it. What decking material and color did you choose when building it? What railing system did you use? Are the balusters iron? I am thinking of replacing my deck soon.

Nick besides the incredible view from your house I have often admired your deck. I remember seeing pictures when you were building it. What decking material and color did you choose when building it? What railing system did you use? Are the balusters iron? I am thinking of replacing my deck soon.

Thanks! The decking is Fiberon Symmetry in Warm Sienna. The railing is Westbury Tuscany aluminum railing. It’s been up for almost 2 years now and it’s still doing great. We’re really happy with how it turned out.

The heat and humidity of midsummer are at full strength here. Tonight a few short lived but impressive looking thunderstorms blew up as sunset approached. They are now disappearing back into the air from which they came.

LRM_EXPORT_556772015915943_20190715_205535757.jpeg

Overslept pretty badly today (rotating shift problems) but upon waking up, there was a small airshow going on over my house. Sprayplane was working in the field surrounding my house.

a6300-072119-2-L.jpg

a6300-072119-6-L.jpg

Lisa, my wife, spotted this black & yellow garden spider, Thanks! Google, in the rosemary bushes around noon today.
For an added attraction, Lisa's tiny roses are blooming. Thanks for looking!

20190731-01850.jpg

20190731-01847.jpg

Both photos: Canon FD 50mm f/3.5 Macro Lens & Sony A7II camera.
Wayne

Just another normal sunset today.

20191227_162743.jpg

This morning the first guys were out fishing after the local lake thawed out! They definitely got the 6 ft distance memo.
IMG_7670.jpg

Only saw 1 of the 4 Bald Eagles today, but a King Fisher is back, there's a lonely White Swan, lots of Common Merganser.
IMG_7672.jpg

A few days ago 4 Bald Eagles (adult and juveniles) were circling over the lake. They frequently fly right over the yard too. I watched the Adult Eagle catch a fish, fly to a favorite tree and eat it in peace. Hope to soon see the Ospreys back too.
IMG_7639.jpg IMG_7636.jpg

Did some backyard camping and got to enjoy a rainbow in one direction and a beautiful sunset in the other. These photos were captured at the same moment!
Thanks @Bobbiesworld626 for being there and beautiful captures!
I feel such an equally wondrous and unfortunate attachment to my home.20200405_192448.jpg

20200405_193041.jpg

Last edited:
This thread seems quite appropriate right now. It's been 25 days since I've gone into my office. I've only left the house a few times aside from walking around the neighborhood. If there's a silver lining for me to this whole corona madness, it's that I've become much more interested in walking around my neighborhood. I've found that there are tons of great places to explore from right out my front door. In just a half mile I can be way up high walking pavement through the fancy houses. A little further and I'm on public land. A new favorite I hiked yesterday and today led me to a great little peak that gives me views from Utah County to Box Elder County and almost everything in between. And It's only a little more than a 3 mile walk from my front door! And if I drive to it, it's barely more than a mile.

Consider this my COVID-19 trip report as of day 25 of isolation...
IMG_4050.jpeg
IMG_4160.jpeg
IMG_4102.jpeg
IMG_4196.jpeg
IMG_3922.jpeg

Almost all of my cellmates.
IMG_4071.jpeg
IMG_4055.jpeg

From our balcony the other day. We always look forward to the return of the buzzards each year, they fly over our house every morning and hang out in the dead tree across the pasture below our house.

DSC07766.jpg

Winter was really slow to arrive here and now has not wanted to leave.

Photos from last week and some.

Yesterday. first day of real sun in a while. High of 24 degrees so not much melting. Snow depth is about 2 feet. the piles are from digging out a path for the camper and a trailer.
April_backyard.JPG

Snowing last week. We received a foot over a few days but it was heavy and compressed pretty quickly.
April_backyard_snow.JPG

Ice and snow sliding off the roof and taking the eaves, facia, and gutter with it. I'll be installing ice guards this summer.
April_roof_slide.JPG

Monday's drive to work. Felt like I was in Wyoming with the crosswind.
April_storm_Peger.JPG

Our son (lives in Fairbanks, AK) said that the snow was deep enough in their yard to build WWI-like trenches for snowball fights. The grandkids had a blast ... and a unique experience for them since the snow is usually too dry and fluffy (or frozen rock solid) for snowballs or snow forts, etc.

Winter was really slow to arrive here and now has not wanted to leave.

Photos from last week and some.

Yesterday. first day of real sun in a while. High of 24 degrees so not much melting. Snow depth is about 2 feet. the piles are from digging out a path for the camper and a trailer.
View attachment 87864

Snowing last week. We received a foot over a few days but it was heavy and compressed pretty quickly.
View attachment 87865

Ice and snow sliding off the roof and taking the eaves, facia, and gutter with it. I'll be installing ice guards this summer.
View attachment 87866

Monday's drive to work. Felt like I was in Wyoming with the crosswind.
View attachment 87867