Guess the spot

Chuck the Mauler

Formally known as "kcwins"
The last one was Mink Lake near the head wall of Leigh Canyon, GTNP. Great spot and the beginning of the best part of that park.

Name the lake. Wish I had spent a little more time here and taken more photos.
IMG_5459.JPG

scatman

Where am I? You can name the trail I am on, or what the image represents.

First Hint: There is a lake 3.9 miles, just southeast of where this shot was taken. :)

05.jpg

Outdoor_Fool

OK, I'll aim wide and say it's a stretch of the Howard Eaton trail. What stretch, I have no idea. Is that the Madison Plateau in the background?

scatman

OK, I'll aim wide and say it's a stretch of the Howard Eaton trail. What stretch, I have no idea. Is that the Madison Plateau in the background?

Good guess, but no, it is not the Howard Eaton Trail. But you are burning up with your Madison Plateau thought. This shot was taken on the plateau.

Jackson

I like to go outside.
Were you following or searching for the stage road? (I don't even know for sure if the stage road crosses the Madison Plateau)

scatman

Were you following or searching for the stage road? (I don't even know for sure if the stage road crosses the Madison Plateau)

No, not following the old stagecoach road on this one, though it does cross the plateau. This shot was taken southwest of the old road.