Guess the spot

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Chuck the Mauler

Formally known as "kcwins"
Trip Reports
Why are you assuming "in their right mind"??

Not sure if I'd do it again, but it was worth the trip.
The first time I went up and down that canyon was in the late 80's early 90's. There was a trail as I recall.

The last time I dropped in to the canyon we went down and had to bushwack through thick vegetation...kinda like "where's waldo" up to Paintbrush Canyon, once we hit the lake. There was so much avalanche debris and trail finding that I swore I'd never do it again. It was the end of an excellent northern Teton trip. Thanks for the reminder.

Trip Reports
Dropping off the Paintbrush Cyn trail toward Leigh Cyn took a lot longer than expected but once I crossed Paintbrush Creek, there were plenty of game trails to progress reasonably up canyon. Hiking up out of the bottom of Leigh Canyon/Lake must have been a bear.

Chuck the Mauler

Trip Reports
Out of curiosity, how far up the canyon did you travel? Did you stay the night at either Grizzly Bear Lake or Mink Lake? Or head out of the canyon all together?

Mount Woodring

Last edited:

Chuck the Mauler

Trip Reports
Should be a pretty easy one....And that's OK. It's good to see this thread alive and well.

Name the pass this is taken from.
Maroon Bells 2012 215.JPG