Guess the spot

Lost the link. Sorry.

Last edited:
I thought it would be fun not to choose a spot in the desert or mountains. This area is south of the Oregon border.

I figured it was along that coast because it looks sort of familiar - we did a Oregon Coast/Northern Cal trip a few years ago...but I don't recall names of any of the "stacks" or anything.

It is along the Cabrillo Highway. It is really a creek, I have always referred to it as a canyon. My bad. It is in a wilderness area north of Santa Barbara, south of Santa Cruz. You can also name the point.

This is a wild guess. I've never been to that area. Just trying to keep this going. Salmon Creek? Silver Peak Wilderness?

Good guess.
This is Cape San Martin, outside the Silver Peak Wilderness, a part of the Lucia Range, south of Big Sur.

willow lake? beautiful picture.

i would've guessed colorado, but wouldn't have known where to look if you hadn't told. also, if you do a google image search for 'willow lake maroon bells' this is the second image result.

Thanks @Ben
How did you know to look up Willow Lake? Just curious.
Ahhhh. I did not know you could look up the Image name. Lesson learned.
You're up!

Last edited:
i looked up willow lake after looking at the topo checking for a lake next to features similar to those in your picture.

Dagnabbit, I don't check in here often enough. The instant I saw @gnwatts ' photo, I recognized it as Willow Lake. But as usual, a day late and a dollar short.

Back in 2015, I took a group of 4 on a modified route in Maroon Bells, we were supposed to go over Willow Pass and camp at the lake on our last night, but they were spent at Snowmass Lake so we skipped the final day and went out West Snowmass valley instead of the one going north from Willow (East Snowmass?) Bummed that we missed Buckskin Pass, WIllow Pass, and whatever that last pass is going from WIllow into East Snowmass drainage.

Meanwhile, Ben's photo looks vaguely familiar, but it's not registering yet.