Guess the spot: Utah Edition

You got it!
I was wondering if anyone had been here. I couldn't find any photos from up there in my research prior to my trip. My suspicions, however, that this would be a beautiful view were not wrong. The whole landscape up there is pristine and untouched and covered in stones eroded in an identical fashion to the larger landscape as a whole (little crescents and arches). Bit of a slog through miles of blackbrush and rabbitbrush to get here but not a bad spot to pitch a tent.;)
Allow me to post a two more photos its too pretty!

DSC09451-Pano by Backcountry Photo, on Flickr

DSC09382-Pano by Backcountry Photo, on Flickr

Alright the floor is yours John!
 
You got it!
I was wondering if anyone had been here. I couldn't find any photos from up there in my research prior to my trip. My suspicions, however, that this would be a beautiful view were not wrong. The whole landscape up there is pristine and untouched and covered in stones eroded in an identical fashion to the larger landscape as a whole (little crescents and arches). Bit of a slog through miles of blackbrush and rabbitbrush to get here but not a bad spot to pitch a tent.;)
Allow me to post a two more photos its too pretty!


Alright the floor is yours John!

OK, this ought to go quick. Where am I?
guess the location.jpg
 
Well, I am not sure that will ever have that much water again, it looked like the dam was breached on purpose.
It's cool it is so full.

This was last month:
View attachment 152692
Yeah my photo was 2019. I noticed the lower water level in more recent satellite imagery and didn't realize the dam was breached!

All yours if you wanna take it!
 
Ok welp... This is a shot of Notch peak taken from Swasey peak...whoever wants it it's up for grabs...
Thanks for posting, I knew I didn't know that one. I was hoping one of our peakbaggers would have chimed in. Sometimes a hint or two is necessary. I know, at least for me, some people are running out of new spots to suggest so they are less active in the guessing. Looks like a nice spot., I haven't been over there.
 
Back
Top