Guess the spot: Utah Edition

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

John Morrow

the ponderosa pine puts it up at higher altitude. Possible elevations like heads of Sand/Death Hollow, or the plateau west of the Upper Paria River. I haven't come up with a guess yet.

John Morrow

That is correct @Titans, couple of miles below Skutumpah Rd

View attachment 88794
I still wouldn't have come up with Johnson but this pic definitely says Skutumpah to Paria River. Not Upper death Hollow/Sand. Though my guess would have been near Deer Canyon Point or Lick Wash area. That's a great answer, @Titans. This is such an underrated area, in my opinion. Big cliff faces, slots, deep canyons.

Titans

I still wouldn't have come up with Johnson but this pic definitely says Skutumpah to Paria River. Not Upper death Hollow/Sand. Though my guess would have been near Deer Canyon Point or Lick Wash area. That's a great answer, @Titans. This is such an underrated area, in my opinion. Big cliff faces, slots, deep canyons.
@John Morrow , I will send you a private message about that, @deelek knows why :)

Sorry for the delay everyone, next up: name the canyon.
IMG_9722.JPG

SteveR

Nope, not Wild Horse.
This is just a short fun feature that caught our eye, below a moderately travelled trail leading to the main attraction in this canyon.
Another view of this little slot, that many probably breeze right by:
Utah2014093-copy.jpg

Jon Carbaugh

I'll take a stab at the small side canyons on the way to Spooky, even though you said Moderately traveled trail.