Guess the Spot: Eastern US Edition

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Trip Reports
Thread starter #61
Yes, Maryland definitely has mountains! Is it Sugarloaf? Or Catoctin?
Sugarloaf is visible on the horizon, but I'm looking for the name of the mountain where the photo was taken. Catoctin is very close.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Trip Reports
I'm thinking Cunningham Falls State Park, but I don't remember an actual mountain. Is that it?

Trip Reports
Ok, with a little help from google maps, I see Bob's Hill, and the photos I found match. But I don't remember something called Bob's Hill, even though we were in that area plenty of times. (My parents used to live north of Thurmont between Taneytown and Emmitsburg.) Wish I had gone up there - it looks great!

Trip Reports
Thread starter #66
Ok, with a little help from google maps, I see Bob's Hill, and the photos I found match. But I don't remember something called Bob's Hill, even though we were in that area plenty of times. (My parents used to live north of Thurmont between Taneytown and Emmitsburg.) Wish I had gone up there - it looks great!
You are correct! Yeah, Bob's Hill doesn't get much attention around here, but I think it has better views than any of the overlooks in Catoctin.

@Janice, you're up!

Trip Reports
Thread starter #67
I'm thinking Cunningham Falls State Park, but I don't remember an actual mountain. Is that it?
And yes, Bob's Hill is in Cunningham Falls State Park. (Sorry, I didn't see this until now.)

Trip Reports
That's gotta be the Cumberland plateau of eastern Tennessee. My first guess would be somewhere in Savage Gulf. But I suppose I need to be more specific, since that is a somewhat large area. (And if it's not Savage Gulf, then I have about 3 other next guesses lined up.)

Trip Reports
That's gotta be the Cumberland plateau of eastern Tennessee. My first guess would be somewhere in Savage Gulf. But I suppose I need to be more specific, since that is a somewhat large area. (And if it's not Savage Gulf, then I have about 3 other next guesses lined up.)
I think it's considered Cumberland Plateau (perhaps near the edge?), but it's not Tennessee. Try going north a bit...

Trip Reports
Looks like it could be Big South Fork

Jackson

I like to go outside.
Trip Reports
Change "New" to a different 3-letter word with "e" in the middle and move it to a different state in that area!
Haha Red River Gorge. Someone else should take it though because my time spent in any recognizable eastern backcountry has not really been documented with photos.

Trip Reports
Haha Red River Gorge. Someone else should take it though because my time spent in any recognizable eastern backcountry has not really been documented with photos.
You got it - hopefully someone will pick up the thread soon! :)

Trip Reports
I was thinking RRG, but your hint made me think further south. I mentioned higher up in this thread that I am terrible at these contests, so where in the gorge is this view? :)

Trip Reports
I was thinking RRG, but your hint made me think further south. I mentioned higher up in this thread that I am terrible at these contests, so where in the gorge is this view? :)
In this photo, the fog is rising above Chimney Top Creek. We camped near Hanson's Point and had great views! If I got the geography wrong in my hint, I'm sorry for confusing you!