Four Wheel Campers

No bed firmness choices that I heard about. I liked what we laid on at the dealer showroom though. They are pre-wiring for solar and I will add my own later on to save money. I'm also going to put an Alu-Cab 270˚ awning on after I get it.

Reactions: Ben
Congrats. I just realized the other day I can't reasonably own a truck + camper because my garage height is too low. lol.

Congrats. I just realized the other day I can't reasonably own a truck + camper because my garage height is too low. lol.

Thanks! I don't think my garage is high enough either. I plan to build a dolly for the camper so I can wheel it in there when I want it stored indoors.

I had a Four Wheel Pop-up that I used on my 87 Toyota PU, 22R, bench seat, short bed. We lived in it for several summers guiding in the west.

It was used for $1100 and light enough for the poor underpowered truck. I had to install air springs in the rear, that's all.

You'll end up with a less rustic set-up but might be able to enjoy it nonetheless. Lol.

I have a Grandby on a 2008 Tundra with a 6.5-foot bed. It is an absolutely fantastic setup, for two people. When three or four go and we can't store climbing gear or other toys in the backseat it starts to get old clearing out the camper every night and moving it into the cab and then reversing the process in the morning. Because of the transferring gear back and forth issue, I'm currently looking at picking up a 1/4 ton trailer that I can tow with me on just about any road that I'll take the truck/camper combo.

All the best: top software companies in europe 2018

Last edited:
Someone on my street has one of these:
https://sportsmobile.com/sportsmobile-4x4/
Gotta say I'm kind of jealous, these are serious $$.
In contrast the Jumping Jack trailer was like $5k. So not at all cheap but a lot less expensive than many other options!

I saw one similar to that in CRNP last year. Ford E-3500. They chop the top, add 4X4 and other things. It was very impressive but $80K+

I finally have an actual install date scheduled for my Four Wheel Camper. August 22, here we come. This is the closest I think I'll ever feel to waiting for a baby to be born. 134 days from order to delivery, assuming all goes to plan. Waiting is hard.

We went with a full one. Decided the weight savings wasnt that much to lose storage space and set up time.

20180801_204206.jpg

Last edited:
There's a lot more to an FWC than just weight savings. But I bet that thing is super cozy inside! And how easy is no setup!?

I saw this string and had to reply. I saw a trailer being pulled by a Tacoma a couple weekends ago and was fascinated by it. I talked to the couple that had it and they were very enthusiastic about their trailer. According to the website it says it weights 1500 lbs. (The couple told me it was designed to be pulled by a Subaru Outback). They said they've taken it off road. They were from Missouri so I'm not quite sure what off road means to them but it does appear to have decent clearance - maybe not something you could haul into the Maze but it might go most places. It takes just seconds to pop up the roof. It can sleep 2 adults and 2 kids. Options include a refrigerator/freezer, a kitchen sink, other stuff, even AC. Standard features include 15 gallon fresh and grey water tanks, a couple propane tanks, exterior shower with hot and cold water, etc. I couldn't find a price on the website. They make you visit a dealer. The closest one to me is in Missouri. If I make a trip over there I'll update this post with some more info.P7145471.jpgP7145472.jpg

I saw this string and had to reply. I saw a trailer being pulled by a Tacoma a couple weekends ago and was fascinated by it. I talked to the couple that had it and they were very enthusiastic about their trailer. According to the website it says it weights 1500 lbs. (The couple told me it was designed to be pulled by a Subaru Outback). They said they've taken it off road. They were from Missouri so I'm not quite sure what off road means to them but it does appear to have decent clearance - maybe not something you could haul into the Maze but it might go most places. It takes just seconds to pop up the roof. It can sleep 2 adults and 2 kids. Options include a refrigerator/freezer, a kitchen sink, other stuff, even AC. Standard features include 15 gallon fresh and grey water tanks, a couple propane tanks, exterior shower with hot and cold water, etc. I couldn't find a price on the website. They make you visit a dealer. The closest one to me is in Missouri. If I make a trip over there I'll update this post with some more info.View attachment 67096View attachment 67097
Have seen these and they are very pricey for what you get. Base price is around 24k I believe. Going this big I’d go Jaco and save 7k and have a ton more stuff. https://www.jayco.com/products/travel-trailers/2019-hummingbird/16mrb/

Dang! Just like getting a new bike for Christmas when it’s snowing. Looks really nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

135 days later, it is here. I was hoping to break it in tonight up in the mountains but the weather was kinda crazy so I'll sleep in it in the driveway tonight and get the first real bag night in on Friday. I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out and the build quality looks great.

Now that you've had this a while, I'm curious if you have any further comments or observations.