Album Campsites

Camp on a side road off Hole In The Rock Road a couple weeks ago. Just threw my pad and sleeping bag in the bed of the pickup. It worked OK, though since I wear glasses I don't really get to enjoy the views from "cowboy camping" like many others do. Still sleep better in a tent, too. This made for a very expedient camp though.

utah-colorado-2018-029-L.jpg

I never seem to remember to get photos of my campsites... it is right up there with forgetting to take pictures of the actual trail :rolleyes:... but here is one I did take last weekend. Due to my awesome framing and direction I am sure everyone who has been there can tell where I camped right? (its ok... I would say no too)... but this is Twin Crater Lakes. I was on the right side of the upper lake in an awesome little spot where I got to listen to the water rush down the mountain all night...

bHSV48R.jpg

Nice. I'm thinking about attempting Longs next year.

It was a perfect night in the boulderfield and then I got a start this morning around 0415. Two guys and I made it to the summit in time to catch sunrise at 0615 (we got there about 5 minutes early). Was definitely challenging but not too tough. Was a bit surprised to see some of what I had traversed in the dark though lol. You could definitely see the smoke from the wildfires in the air too at sunrise.

It was a perfect night in the boulderfield and then I got a start this morning around 0415. Two guys and I made it to the summit in time to catch sunrise at 0615 (we got there about 5 minutes early). Was definitely challenging but not too tough. Was a bit surprised to see some of what I had traversed in the dark though lol. You could definitely see the smoke from the wildfires in the air too at sunrise.
Having climbed it by daylight, you would never see me out climbing it at night. There are a couple of pretty heady spots, in my estimation, especially that last long tilted stretch bfore you reach the summit that seemed to drop off into space. :)

Leatherman, is this at the head of the lake across from the food prep area/hanging pole?
Chuck, you're right-on. Glenns Lake head campground, 3 sites with great views of Pyramid Peak.