Album Campsites

Looks like a trip I took to The Maze last year! Same exact campsites :)
That is probably because your excellent Trip Report inspired that part of our trip in the Maze.:twothumbs: Thanks for all the great reports and fantastic pictures you post.
http://backcountrypost.com/threads/maze-memorial-weekend.3268/
BTW at Millard Camp we tried to get down to the little meadow with the tree but was stopped by 5 foot vertical cut banks. There must have been a flood in the little drainage right between the upper campsite and the one you stayed at. Also the little meadow you camped at had knee high grass/weeds and very swampy ground. Millard Camp was a favorite of min also.. Nothing beats going to sleep with the sound of the gurgling of the Green River.:)

That must have been fun taking that camper down the 4WD road to that spot. Did you scout it out first or just go for it? I believe those rocks there are locally known as the haystacks.

That must have been fun taking that camper down the 4WD road to that spot. Did you scout it out first or just go for it? I believe those rocks there are locally known as the haystacks.
I pulled the trailer to the "4WD Recommended" sign and took the Grand Cherokee to scout the rest of the way. We called the formation "The Sphinx" for obvious reasons.

IMG_3787.JPG

I0000Lqk1OisWShw.jpg

1st camp, across from Musselman Canyon.

I00001C7dnw5Jil8.jpg

2nd camp

The other day along the Colorado.

Last edited:
Yeah that thing is sweet looking @Nanda. Is it custom built?
Nope. This is 5x8 model from http://www.tcteardrops.com/
As far as teardrop goes, they are pretty basic(no drawers, fancy galleys and what not), but that's exactly what I was looking for within reasonable price range. I spent 8 nights in Wyoming and every morning I woke up feeling so refreshed. Lot of people I met were curious, some were downright scornful even(how dare he have fun in such tiny trailer kinda looks), but it was great. My CRV pulled it fine over the mountains, albeit bit slow at times. :D

That is a good looking little camper. I've always thought if I were going to pull something, it might as well be big enough to stand up in, but that thing looks slick.