Album Campsites

Drove down to Salt Lake City today. Getting too cold in the mountains. Ready for the desert. Think I'm Escalante bound.

Let me know if you've got time for a beer. Would love to share a few and point at maps.

At the junction of East Moody Creek and the Escalante River:
DSC_0215.JPG

DSC_0213.JPG

Near the mouth of 25 Mile Wash:
DSC_0160.JPG

In Scorpion Gulch:
GOPR2924.JPG

Above the Escalante River near the mouth of Scorpion Gulch:
DSC_0234.JPG

Holed up in Choprock Canyon for 2 nights waiting out storms:
DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0108.JPG

Absaroka Dundee Camp.jpg

This was one of my favorite camps in the Dunoir Special Management Area of the Shoshone National Forest until NOLS discovered it and started hogging the hades out of it.

Absaroka West Pass.jpg

Shoshone NF.

Absaroka Pack Camp.jpg

Same camp in Shoshone near Continental Divide.

Mirror Lake.jpg

Alaska Basin, Mirror Lake site.

Tetons From Hukleberry Lookout.jpg

From the deck of the Huckleberry Mt. Lookout; Teton Wilderness of the Teton National Forest Pictured below. For Joey, Hugh, and crew.

Huckleberry Lookout.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 39702

This was one of my favorite camps in the Dunoir Special Management Area of the Shoshone National Forest until NOLS discovered it and started hogging the hades out of it.

View attachment 39703

Shoshone NF.

View attachment 39705

Same camp in Shoshone near Continental Divide.

View attachment 39707

Alaska Basin, Mirror Lake site.

View attachment 39709

From the deck of the Huckleberry Mt. Lookout; Teton Wilderness of the Teton National Forest Pictured below. For Joey, Hugh, and crew.

View attachment 39710
Holy crap! You camped with unicorns under a rainbow?! I had to Photoshop my picture like that.

That's what it kinda looks like.

I should have noted the first pic stands alone and the other two in the SF are a different camp.

Just out of curiosity, where does the tent normally go? On the left side of the pic, or on the other side of the bushes behind your tent? I'm staying there in April, can't wait!!
Behind where I was standing, there's a much larger, level, sandy place with a few trees here and there. It has large rocks to the South, so the sun gets blocked, especially in Winter months. The depth of the snow ranged from 3-6 inches there. But otherwise, that's the prime place to set up your tent. You're going to love it there. Such a beautiful, quiet place.

I love CP1. I believe this is the larger, level place @Jackson is speaking of.

chesler-park-9-jpg.7655