Album Campsites

I love CP1. I believe this is the larger, level place @Jackson is speaking of.

chesler-park-9-jpg.7655

+1
for CP 1
much nicer than CP 2 where I stayed once and you have less shade

A few more. Forgive me if some of these are posted in other places.
Various campsites in Dominguez Canyon:
(before fires were outlawed!)

I0000fKe7fqb.78k.jpg

I0000IlAXnHfPAS0.jpg

I0000hQH2aNrctno.jpg

I0000xsOFnGlpFAI.jpg

Mule canyon on Cedar Mesa:

I0000n_H5ghiKHeU.jpg

Near the junction of the Sundance Trail in Dark Canyon:

I0000dofEiez4N24.jpg

On Cedar Mesa near Government trail, on the Slickhorn road:

I0000CXvHSG1HKsY.jpg

In Eardley Canyon, San Rafael Swell:

I0000tkcHSKSIIHM.jpg

On the Mormon Trail near Pine Canyon, Cedar Mesa:

I00007IBOOOUysoM.jpg

Campsite In Sheiks Canyon, opposite Green Mask Ruin:

I0000cRtpsisSUAE.jpg

Texas Canyon, a side canyon of Arch Canyon:

I0000SdyrB2XdsdM.jpg

Last edited:
Another view of a Dominguez Canyon site:

I0000yRui1hxTHao.jpg

Above Bullet Canyon, Cedar Mesa. This was a particular windy and nasty day. Woke up with 6 inches of snow, we had to abandon our trip down into Bullet:

I0000mgJQHJyUD6E.jpg

On the Gunnison below Dominguez Canyon:

I0000DNIxklixdGY.jpg

Same camp site, the next morning after a night of merry making (this was a bachelor party trip). I felt his pain:

I0000xdnPPPfii40.jpg

A few of my favorites while being a dirtbag after dark

20160708-_DSC0012-2.jpg

Camp @ Ibanitk Lake

untitled-0206.jpg
Camp @ East Morat Lake

20140708-_DSC0063web_small.jpg
Camp @ Jewel Lake

untitled-0112.jpg
Camp @ White Pine Lake, Little Cottonwood Canyon

20160619-_DSC0057.jpg

Camp @ Desolation Lake, Big Cottonwood Canyon

20160724-_DSC0133.jpg

Camp @ Anchor Lake

Last edited:
Yes we were in Gardner Fork, Adax Lake, and Anchor Lakes 7.22-7.26 this year. I do believe the fire in Box Canyon was started on the 28th. There were scouts in the area that the fire was reported in at the time the fire was first responded to. I put up a trip report in the backpacking section from our 5 day trip out there. All three camp spots that we had a fire at were put out and cold to the touch. Can't say the same for many others this year who's sites I have walked past and their pit is still smoldering.

Trip Report: http://backcountrypost.com/threads/...e-anchor-lake-uinta-mountains-july-2016.6075/

Yes we were in Gardner Fork, Adax Lake, and Anchor Lakes 7.22-7.26 this year. I do believe the fire in Box Canyon was started on the 28th. There were scouts in the area that the fire was reported in at the time the fire was first responded to. I put up a trip report in the backpacking section from our 5 day trip out there. All three camp spots that we had a fire at were put out and cold to the touch. Can't say the same for many others this year who's sites I have walked past and their pit is still smoldering.

Trip Report: http://backcountrypost.com/threads/...e-anchor-lake-uinta-mountains-july-2016.6075/
Nice! I'll go enjoy the TR. I hiked from Trial Lake past Anchor up and over into Hell's Kitchen and down to Smith Morehouse some years past. My buddy @scatman here is also a Hell's Kitchen aficionado.

I hear ya on the people not putting out their fires. Depressing. We even found on 25 miles in in the Winds on the Indian Rez. and reported it when we got back out. They flew a team in to deal with they were so disturbed.

Dr... The Forest Service has concluded that the fire was human caused. They are asking for any information people may have regarding events in the area. In case you are interested:
http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/article/4907/32386/

Not the best view from camp, but certainly the most opulent tent I've ever used in the backcountry. Since it was a short hike, I lugged my new Seek Outside 4 man tipi to Upper Green River Lake. I'm in love with this thing, especially after having spent the last several years in tiny backpacking tents. It's too heavy for solo trips, to be honest, but for car camping and short hikes/base camps, it's great. And solo it's a palace.

nwwyoming2016-30-L.jpg

Does a neighbors camp count?

Took this early in the morning. Was wondering what they'd do if they poked their head out and saw the moose!
DSC02171.jpg

Here's one the night before around our campfire.
DSC02145.jpg