Album Campsites

that rooftop tent is awesome!!!
THat's what I want to have when I'm to old for regular tent camping :)
It's definitely very comfortable with it's queen size foam mattress and sets up in a couple of minutes with bedding already setup.
The only drawback is when nature calls in the middle of the night, you have to crawl down a narrow aluminum ladder. :moses:

This thread really inspires me to want to move Utah, or at least get a bit closer. Maybe when I retire, 15 years or so.

Joshua Tree National Park, near Desert Queen Wash:

PC220285_edited_edited-L.jpg

Texas Spring campground, Death Valley National Park:

P1040094-mod-2182415499-O_edited_edited-L.jpg

Joshua Tree National Park, near El Dorado Mine:

P1000167a_edited-L.jpg

image.jpg
This is our site on the left hiking up Timpanogos via Timpanooke.
On the right is where some others setup camp.
We started late on a Friday evening and Saturday morning left our stuff and hiked to the top, then gathered it when we came back down.
We heard people hiking up the trail all throughout the night. That was a VERY busy weekend to hike Timp.

View attachment 25140
This is our site on the left hiking up Timpanogos via Timpanooke.
On the right is where some others setup camp.
We started late on a Friday evening and Saturday morning left our stuff and hiked to the top, then gathered it when we came back down.
We heard people hiking up the trail all throughout the night. That was a VERY busy weekend to hike Timp.
Great pic. After making the mistake of camping right by the trail myself up there, I sought out some better spots out of sight from the main trail. There are some good ones with great views near the top of both trails around the basin up there.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Some great spots on these pages.

image by kullaberg631, on Flickr
From October 2013: near Polar Mesa on a 4 day unsupported Kokopelli Trail with my wife and son.
At first glance I thought those were motorbikes, but then realized they're the fat tire bikes!

This is Sahale Glacier camp in North Cascades NP. It was our first backpacking experience, in September of 2012.

Wow! Now that's a sweet first backpack campsite!

Nice view, but I wish that I had tidied up around camp a little before taking pictures. You live and learn.

A lot of editing programs have a clone or repair type brush in them that make cleaning it up after the fact super easy. It just takes a few seconds. Like this:

upload_2015-2-11_14-21-38.png

Circus tent! Does that mean you're hiking with two trekking poles from now on?

I still prefer one. If I'm going solo, I'll probably just pack the carbon pole that it comes with. If I'm hiking with someone else, I'll hopefully talk them into using theirs ;)

I still prefer one. If I'm going solo, I'll probably just pack the carbon pole that it comes with. If I'm hiking with someone else, I'll hopefully talk them into using theirs ;)

You're always welcome to mine on any trip I'm there for. Especially if I get to come hang out in there in a storm. Good times!

Speaking of which, I think this photo deserves a spot in this thread.
green-river-lakes-pt1-33-jpg.12507

You're always welcome to mine on any trip I'm there for. Especially if I get to come hang out in there in a storm. Good times!

Speaking of which, I think this photo deserves a spot in this thread.
green-river-lakes-pt1-33-jpg.12507

The trip and tent that talked me into it.

on that note.

I loved watching weather through the front of this tent.

Taylor's Magic Circus Tent by slc_dan, on Flickr

A few from my corner of Montana

Canoe camp, South Meadow Lake, Tobacco Roots
14572950866_11a2a4f51b_b.jpg

15759155376_cf7a546f03_b.jpg

At Lost Cabin Lake , more T Roots
15480111055_99ce6552a0_b.jpg

Hairpin Lake, Hellroaring Plateau, Beartooth's
15243040648_789f24320e_b.jpg

Soggy camp at Moccasin Lake, Beartooth's
14827573995_dcfaeaa25f_b.jpg

At Star Lake, Beartooth's