Backcountry Vehicles

Try using the "Upload a File" button
Capture.JPG

under insert image it only gives me an "enter image url" option. and now i see that my flickr images didn't last very long. what am i doing wrong? wah!!

Your flickr images look fine to me. Your computer going the same way as the mini van? ;)

But seriously... what can I do to help? Call or screen share perhaps?

Nah, I saw her images and then they also went dark here. I suspect FLICKR problems myself. Jen, why not just upload them using the upload a file option as outlined by HomerJ. It is a wee bit tricky but more satisfying in the end IMHO.

BTW you should have your smiling face IN one of the images so we can share your pride :thumbsup:

Nah, I saw her images and then they also went dark here. I suspect FLICKR problems myself. Jen, why not just upload them using the upload a file option as outlined by HomerJ. It is a wee bit tricky but more satisfying in the end IMHO.

BTW you should have your smiling face IN one of the images so we can share your pride :thumbsup:

Still dark? Can you see this?

Still dark? Can you see this?
I can't see it...I get the "This image or video is currently unavailable" image. Possibly it's only shared with friends/family on Flickr, and you're in that group Nick?

I can't see it...I get the "This image or video is currently unavailable" image. Possibly it's only shared with friends/family on Flickr, and you're in that group Nick?

Well don't I feel special. Okay Jen, time for an uploading tutorial miss 12 masters degrees.

x2 in PC - I get the same error block/image you posted and Dennis typed back. Might be similar to the Facebook downtime we see that is only downtime for certain people or geographic areas.....

Okay, I went and downloaded her pics, and to satisfy Art, one of smiling faces, perhaps not hers while in front of the new truck, but I'm betting she still used the new truck to get to the destination. Here they are...

8586613139_5719fa9cb0_b.jpg

8586623277_0f7e02b6c2_b.jpg

That definitely looks like an 'I got a new Taco' smile.
891552_10151541373921203_1390507388_o.jpg

dude, i've been away from the computer far too long. i did not use the upload a file button. apparently i needed the screen shot. i am now officially one of those people who call tech support only to have them tell me to turn the computer on and off again. i swear i am not an idiot... most some of the time.

my trusty XTerra this weekend

i-VbKqJfc-L.jpg

It's time to get my XTerra ready for some real back country trips.
It definitely needs a 3 inch body lift this summer,skid plates, and the running boards must go.
Any recommendations for a good reliable place? I'm willing to drive for this to the Salt Lake area if there is someone really good.

It's time to get my XTerra ready for some real back country trips.
It definitely needs a 3 inch body lift this summer,skid plates, and the running boards must go.
Any recommendations for a good reliable place? I'm willing to drive for this to the Salt Lake area if there is someone really good.

Whoa! Sounds like you're going all out. You planning to start doing some rock crawling or something?

and the running boards must go.
Any recommendations for a good reliable place?
I got rid of the running boards on my Xterra when my wife drove over a boulder and just completely ripped one of them off.

But I wouldn't suggest anyone else do it that way :)

Whoa! Sounds like you're going all out. You planning to start doing some rock crawling or something?

just want to take my car out to some of the nice remote and rocky trails in the future. Have done some stuff with a Nissan XTerra before but it sometimes was a close call. And no idea why not all versions of XTerras have skid plates.
And I simply love to have a few more inches of clearance. Have seen some really nice lifted Xterras :D

I got rid of the running boards on my Xterra when my wife drove over a boulder and just completely ripped one of them off.

But I wouldn't suggest anyone else do it that way :)

no idea why they have the running boards on the newer models. The old ones didn't have them.
And I also have not figured out any use for the boards.
A friend also get rid of the boards in exactly that way

I guess my theory is that most stock 4WD vehicles will do just fine for anything even remotely normal (i.e. not rock crawling), and for the price of a lift and all that other crap, you might as well just fix what you break. :)

Now with that said, I'll be pimping out my next taco big time at the time of purchase, but that will be purely for vanity. The only change I'd make to a stock taco for actual function is putting on a set of BFG All Terrains.

I was not happy when it got ripped off. But when we got back home, I took the other one off, stood back, looked it over and thought, "Well, yeah, that looks better." But, of course, I couldn't tell my wife that for a few more days!

I guess my theory is that most stock 4WD vehicles will do just fine for anything even remotely normal (i.e. not rock crawling), and for the price of a lift and all that other crap, you might as well just fix what you break. :)

Now with that said, I'll be pimping out my next taco big time at the time of purchase, but that will be purely for vanity. The only change I'd make to a stock taco for actual function is putting on a set of BFG All Terrains.

Plenty of 4WD vehicles are weak when it comes to underbody protection.