Yellowstone Trip

Also, should I go get a footprint for my tent? We will be going in early July and was not sure if i needed one or not.

Well you're not coming here. If you insist on this madness [I'm joking of course,]: Missouri Valley Road will save you valuable time enroute through Dubois. Plenty of time to change to Laramie or Rawlins and come up like a sane Hoosier.

In all seriousness have a wonderful time.

Also, should I go get a footprint for my tent? We will be going in early July and was not sure if i needed one or not.
I don't know about a footprint, but mosquitoes are normally a problem this time of year. This year could be better, sometimes in low snowpack years the mosquitoes aren't so bad. But early July is usually terrible.

Are you planning to climb Sheridan and then relocate your camp? That could be a long day. Just make sure you get an early start, thats a lot of elevation gain climbing up there.

I don't have my maps in front of me, I'll try to look at them and see which campsite you're staying at on the snake river for 2 nights. There is a horse camp site that I think is more scenic than the other 2.

You should have an awesome trip. Classic Yellowstone backcountry. Heart Lake has some great campsites, and wonderful meadows with thermal activity. Good bear country too, keep your eyes peeled and you may get to see one.

Never mind on the campsites, I was off where you were camping. 8C4 used to have a couple of elk skulls with antlers in it.
1909920_146344799765_4110266_n.jpg

Its also a beautiful hike down past Basin Creek Lake, you could loop around to 8C4 that way.

Ha .................. all the rain we are getting in the W Yellowstone area, could = mosquitos.

Who is that young skinny guy with the antlers?

Ha .................. all the rain we are getting in the W Yellowstone area, could = mosquitos.

Who is that young skinny guy with the antlers?
The legendary Kyle Patrick. He has spent a few summers backpacking with me in both Glacier and Yellowstone. Hoping to get him out here for a few weeks this year.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Yellowstone Mirror Plateau Trip Plan/Advice Trip Planning 6
RockyMntCol Trip Planning Younts Peak / South Fork Yellowstone Trip Planning 12
Ymyr Suggestions in a Yellowstone and a Beartooth trip Trip Planning 29
Janice Yellowstone - Winter Yurt Trip? Winter Sports 22
wsp_scott Family trip to Grand Teton and Yellowstone Hiking & Camping 15
napatony13 FIRST-TIMER'S YELLOWSTONE TRIP Hiking & Camping 13
wsp_scott Yellowstone family trip planning General Discussion 27
swmalone Yellowstone Camping Trip - August 18-20, 2020 Hiking & Camping 21
R Invite Yellowstone Backpacking Trip 7/29-8/3 Meet Up (Members Only) 2
TeamJenkins17 Yellowstone Thorofare to Brooks lake trip next year. Trip Planning 6
scatman Yellowstone Lake - A Two Week Paddle Trip - July 28, 2019 On The Water 44
swmalone Family Yellowstone Trip August 23-25, 2019 Hiking & Camping 10
Yvonne Yellowstone 2018 - a solo trip hiking and exploring America's first National Park: Part II Madison Hiking & Camping 3
Yvonne Yellowstone 2018- A solo trip hiking and exploring America’s first National Park: Part I Mammoth Hiking & Camping 13
scatman Yellowstone Lake - 2 Week Canoe Trip - Summer 2019 Trip Planning 24
C First trip to Yellowstone, early May 2019. Thoughts? Trip Planning 15
WasatchWill 1st Trip to Yellowstone Hiking & Camping 9
B Yellowstone --- backpacking trip to Shelf Lake Backpacking 6
H ON THE ROAD WILD WEST :: Yellowstone, Grand Teton, & Glacier National Park Big Sky Road Trip Photography 8
P Yellowstone Shoshone Geyser Basin trip Backpacking 5
Jammer Yellowstone/Teton Touristy Trip Trip Planning 6
Kyle P Yellowstone Backpacking Trip Trip Planning 5
T Backcountry Trip May Yellowstone 3/4 Days Trip Planning 2
kjforrest88 Yellowstone Backcountry Hiking Trip Trip Planning 3
AKay09 Trip Advice. Yellowstone or Glacier in June? Trip Planning 18
Joey The Sour Creek Expedition. An 8 day trip into Yellowstone's Wapiti Lake/Broad Creek Area Backpacking 17
Joey Trip Video: Yellowstone's Crescent Lake and High Lake Backpacking 6
E yellowstone Backpacking trip in 2015 Trip Planning 3
Nick Yellowstone & Grand Teton Boat Trip Trip Planning 10
jdgibney Short(ish) Yellowstone/Tetons Road Trip suggestions? Trip Planning 32
HomerJ Yellowstone Bikepacking/Backpacking Trip - Sept 2012 Backpacking 14
Bob Yellowstone in Springtime 2024 General Discussion 3
isaac Yellowstone NP Campsite Reccs Trip Planning 4
Bob Island Park / Yellowstone Private Airport Development General Discussion 11
TheMountainRabbit News Release: Yellowstone National Park increases protection for bears and visitor safety by implementing changes to two bear management areas General Discussion 16
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Gallatin River -- September 7-9th 2023 Backpacking 12
wsp_scott Yellowstone Lake to Brooks Lake (Aug 2023) Backpacking 16
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Nine / Day Nine + Ten! Backpacking 20
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Eight / Day Eight Backpacking 14
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Seven / Day Seven Backpacking 13
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Six / Day Six Backpacking 28
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Five / Day Five Backpacking 16
LarryBoy Select Peaks of the Greater Yellowstone - Second Edition (coupon code for pre-order) General Discussion 12
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Four / Day Four Backpacking 15
scatman The Gallatin River, Bighorn and Fawn Passes, Yellowstone National Park - September 7, 2023 Backpacking 14
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 Part Three / Day Three Backpacking 10
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 -- Part Two / Day Two Backpacking 6
TractorDoc Yellowstone's Thorofare and the Teton Wilderness 08/09/2023 - 08/18/2023 --Part One / Day One Backpacking 10
scatman Yellowstone's Thorofare, Headwaters of Thorofare Creek, Majo Pass, Younts Peak, Bob's Canyon, and Cub Creek - August 9, 2023 - Days 7 through 10 Backpacking 34
scatman Yellowstone's Thorofare, Headwaters of Thorofare Creek, Majo Pass, Younts Peak, Bob's Canyon, and Cub Creek - August 9, 2023 - Days 1 through 6 Backpacking 56