Album Wildlife

Wild ponies at Grayson Highlands State Park (VA)

grayson35.JPG

grayson110.JPG

grayson61bw.JPG

That pika shot is great and hard to get. Also love the marmot shots - you really capture their character. I was camped above the upper Blue Lake and taking a nap and woke to see my one and only loaf of bread disappear down a marmot hole. The little biscuit had taken it right from my pack.

That pika shot is great and hard to get. Also love the marmot shots - you really capture their character. I was camped above the upper Blue Lake and taking a nap and woke to see my one and only loaf of bread disappear down a marmot hole. The little biscuit had taken it right from my pack.

:roflmao:

I had a marmot extremely curious about my camp on this particular trip. I became clued in to its curiosity when a couple paws popped up on my tent wall. I spent an afternoon making sure that cute little cuss didn't think chewing on anything was the correct answer...

:roflmao:

I had a marmot extremely curious about my camp on this particular trip. I became clued in to its curiosity when a couple paws popped up on my tent wall. I spent an afternoon making sure that cute little cuss didn't think chewing on anything was the correct answer...

Those marmots make some nice sleeping bags, and it was probably trying to get a peek at yours to see what the competition was up to. You probably set marmot research back a bit.

Mountain Rescue
- This juvenile Northern Goshawk flew over my head while on my knees working on a project at the open front door, then over Beck's head preparing evening dinner in the kitchen and knocked itself silly against the kitchen patio door.

Rookie!

The next 15 minutes were a gasping, giggling Catch and Release event. It was a great evening.

publishSmWr-1-2.jpg publishSmWr-1-3.jpg publishSmWr-1.jpg publishSmWr-1-4.jpg

I'm pretty sure it is fine although a bit dazed. Flew off in typical Goshawk-fashion - juking and dodging and normal.. I have a video of the release to process and post when I get a moment.

Last edited:
It has been a good week. Pulled my camera down from on-high this weekend.

Felis concolor
- Love! the fact that our high Wasatch mountains still support the diversity of big mammals, like this puma, cougar, lion. Captured in November and composited from a Utah Open Lands camera I provision and lovingly maintain with the help of @scatman and others.

export-1.jpg

Last edited:
The don't nothing 'bout no plague. :)

Looks like they may have found the cocaine stash....

But really, what were they looking at, gesticulating at?

Crazy things just stood up suddenly and did their little barking, howling, clawing at the air thing. Then just as suddenly stopped and went back to chilling out. There's a huge colony there, right on the side of a busy road.

Finally saw my first bear. Out in the wilderness after so many trips seeing so much scat/fur/tracks? Haha, no. Four blocks from home at my morning running trail...

850.IMG_4153-2.jpg