Album Wildflowers

Often incorrectly referred to as "Tiger Lilies"- as they are certainly similar to the flowers above - the Western Wood Lily is native to Alberta. Typical habitat is aspen parklands in the foothills and prairies. Saw a few on a mountain bike ride today:
P1110532-copy-2.jpg

Are these Mountain Avens? or something else? I realized this weekend after seeing a million of them, I was not really sure what they were.

I know them as Marsh Marigolds. For sure they are not Mountain Avens, which are seen below from last Friday's hike across Jumpingpound Ridge, Alberta.
Note the difference in leaves, and habitat- Avens goes for dry stony ground whereas the Marigold likes damper conditions.
Not that I am any kind of authority on wildflowers, but I often hike with a couple of botanist friends who are, and have been gradually learning by osmosis.
P1190350-copy-2.jpg
I'll toss in another image from Friday. The flowers were at their peak in that location, a spot where they come early, and are gone before too long.
Further into the Alberta Rockies- peak wildflower is typically mid July-early August.
_1190373 copy-2.jpg

I know them as Marsh Marigolds. For sure they are not Mountain Avens, which are seen below from last Friday's hike across Jumpingpound Ridge, Alberta.
Note the difference in leaves, and habitat- Avens goes for dry stony ground whereas the Marigold likes damper conditions.
Not that I am any kind of authority on wildflowers, but I often hike with a couple of botanist friends who are, and have been gradually learning by osmosis.

Ah, perfect. It was definitely marshy. I only see them real early. I will look up marsh marigolds.

Queens Crown I think. It grows at high altitudes. This is around 13,000'PICT0390 (2).JPG

This is an older photo but I'll bet that most of you have not seen a Wooly Lousewort. I found this one in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. The hairs help protect it from freezing.19 Wooly Lousewort.JPG

A few from local hikes and one from vacation
7657de336375cb28eb9782fca2854322.jpg
d81e96a98601680e4f388c61c78b1c56.jpg
5ef27469d6cdee8bf29e9c1eb9b94767.jpg
a39b9abd8a9f94f8d95b2d1044eadd68.jpg

Spent 5 days in the Southern Winds. Found these absolutely pristine lupines covering all the hills around Temple Lakes.

That shot is awesome!
I looked very longingly at Temple Thursday... I wanted to include it in this trip, but my buddy had to do a shorter trip.

A few places were rock gardens of eden still.
Cirque Lollipop 8-20200358-sh-sm.jpg

Flower season is winding down, especially with this week's hot weather. A few from hikes last week near the Columbia Icefields, Alberta.
_1200428-copy-2.jpg
Moss Campion.
_1200443-copy-2.jpg
Purple Saxifrage adding colour to the austere landscape pictured below.
_1200451-copy-2.jpg

_1200513-copy-2.jpg
Great pockets of flowers on a rambling off-trail meadow loop.
_1200546-copy-2.jpg
Fleabane.
_1200541-copy-2.jpg
Arnica. No idea what variety- there are lots of them.
The glaciated peaks a reminder that winter is never that far off.