Album Wildflowers

The locoweed/milkvetch plant was very hard to put a name on. Once we had a family sorted out it was fairly "take your pick" as there were so many species! I like the word locoweed.

Manzanitas were going nuts in the higher elevations of Zion! It was sweet.

@muir_mountain , I LOVE the Columbine shots! I had never seen the "Rocky Mountain Columbine" until this last summer and it quickly became my favorite flower. It's awesome how many are in those pictures.

-----------------------

Some from the other day in Zion. I become uninspired when crowded so I missed a lot of flowers but I pictured a couple.

Bluedicks
Angel\'s Landing-2 Bluedicks.jpg

Fuchsia Penstemon
Angel\'s Landing-11 Fuchsia Penstemon.jpg

Zion Shooting Star
Angel\'s Landing-21 Zion Shooting Star.jpg

@Scott Chandler , they are my favorite flowers also! I've only ever seen them in my home state of Colorado, and I believe they are the "Colorado Blue Columbine." Those pictures were taken in Rocky Mountain National Park, on the Chasm Lake trail just below Longs Peak. In mid-late July, the highest concentrations of blue Columbines EVER are on that trail. If you ever get out this way... HIGHLY recommended.

I like your flower pics in Zion, I'm headed there for the first time pretty soon. :)

From last weekend near my campsite at the Wedge.

San Rafael Cactus (Pediocactus despainii)
IMG_1577.JPG

Seems small leaved and bright flowered for balsamroot, & mule ears, also seems early for the latter. More like a goldenweed or goldenaster perhaps? Tricky to tell apart are the many sunflowers...
Very tricky. And you're right. The leaves were much smaller than those two I listed. Thanks!