What's Cooking?

I would drink a couple if you left everything out but the Bailey's. :)

One problem, though, I don't have an Old Faithful glass.

No problem, I've got a set of four. I keep thinking that I'm going to have visitors, but no one ever shows up. What does that tell you? :thinking:

I don't think the Bailey's by itself will calm your nerves enough to round up the bruins. Maybe if you'll sing a few verses of Danny Boy while sipping the bailey's I'll let you get away with it. :)

Well, two rounds of Bailey's would make it so you'd have to carry me to round up the bears. And can you guess the Irish word for bear? Béar. I would've never guessed that.

No problem, I've got a set of four. I keep thinking that I'm going to have visitors, but no one ever shows up. What does that tell you? :thinking:

I don't think the Bailey's by itself will calm your nerves enough to round up the bruins. Maybe if you'll sing a few verses of Danny Boy while sipping the bailey's I'll let you get away with it. :)
On my way..slow goin..shud be there last of August! Cheers

^^^
I might have to bring you some local NYS maple syrup … it’s syrup season out here right now. In fact we just bought a quart this morning to replenish our supply.

Made some tortillas and wings today for some basketball and then the USMNT.
Some of the imperfect first batch as quesadillas, and the wings as they came out of the smoker before being doused in jerk sauce.
IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

Oh man, pancakes sounded SO good I had to make some. I use my gourmet recipe that calls for Krusteze and frozen strawberries and blackberries that thaw while cooking. This is the second batch for the dogs. It may not look that great (a little underdone in the middle and burned on the outside brings out the subtle taste of the butter I slather all over it), but they love my gourmet cooking skills (i.e. butter). I do recommend buying a spatula - I spent all my money on the cool Snow Peak stainless steel dish set.

IMG-1328.jpg

Last edited:
I usually give up the stovetop Dutch oven gig around the first week in April, but with a relatively chilly 45 degrees and rainy here in Salt Lake this evening, I decided for one more go. Part of the meal at the Basque Dinner/Dance is a potato, leak, smoked sausage soup, which is out of this world. So I looked up a recipe for it online, and made up a nice pot of it. It ended up not tasting quite like the Basque version, but it was still good.

Slice one smoked sausage and brown it for 10 minutes. Then remove and set aside.
IMG_0132.JPG

Slice three carrots, and 1 pound of leeks. Add one tablespoon of olive oil and cook to soften up the leeks and carrots - about 7 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then add two minced cloves of garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
IMG_0133.JPG

Add six cups of chicken broth and 1 pound of golden russet potatoes, one bay leaf, and a 1/4 tablespoon of thyme. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes.
IMG_0134.JPG

Cooking.............................
IMG_0135.JPG

Add the sausage back in, plus a 1/2 cup of milk (can use cream) and let it cook for another 5 minutes or so.
IMG_0136.JPG

Finished product.
IMG_0139.JPG

The recipe actually called for 1 pound of russets and two carrots, but I actually added an additional potato and 1 more small carrot to make it a heartier soup. This recipe makes four good sized bowls of soup. They also stated that is was better as a leftover after sitting for a couple of days.

Last edited: