What did you buy today?

fossana

Nice. With doors would have been my choice, as well.
The situations where I use mine will be fairly limited due to the lack of them.
But when I do...that weight and packed size...:roflmao:

I have a ultralight mosquito net bivy I can pair with it if needed. Definitely taking the Duplex during cedar gnat season though.

Ugly

Life really is better Here
@Miya I am happy to say I splurged and made the jump to the Sony A6600.
I got to do a few extra gigs this past month, and got a deal. It arrived late yesterday.
Heading south tomorrow, so just in time to baptize it with a little sand and sun.
If I can get another couple extra side gigs next week, then I will be watching cyber Monday to get a longer lens... Heck, even if I can't, I will probably be watching Monday.
I have the kit 18-135 and added the Samyang 12mm.

Yvonne

I lava it!!!
I'd be surprised if we didn't have a ski swap! Haha. I really should check out some secondhand stores too, at least for poles, and maybe even to scavenge an old set of 3-pin telemark or nordic bindings, since that's what I'm wanting to get. Seems like everywhere has some old used xc skis for sale. Haha.

Right on! I hope things work out so you can make it up here (and I hope more snow falls soon so you have a bit more to ski on). There's nothing quite like the GYE in the winter. I've got my eye on a few areas in the Gallatin and Madison ranges for some good skiing.

wait with buying shoes until you have your bindings. There are so many different types of bindings out on the market.

Well, yeah, let's pray for a lot of snow. The more the merrier. I don't mind the cold and snow, I actually would love it. I follow Montana Local News closely and still hope my trip can happen.

MikeM

wait with buying shoes until you have your bindings. There are so many different types of bindings out on the market.

Well, yeah, let's pray for a lot of snow. The more the merrier. I don't mind the cold and snow, I actually would love it. I follow Montana Local News closely and still hope my trip can happen.

@Jackson I agree with Yvonne, just be careful with your boots/bindings and make sure they're compatible. I made that mistake once and had to return a set of bindings because they wouldn't work with the boots I had. I had purchased an "older" pair of Dynafit bindings off a clearance rack but didn't realize the reason they were so cheap was that they had since changed their design, so it was really hard to find boots that were compatible. REI was good about the return, but it was just kind of a PITA. These were AT bindings, though, so a little different than XC, but I know there are several types of XC bindings as well.

Jackson

I like to go outside.
@Jackson I agree with Yvonne, just be careful with your boots/bindings and make sure they're compatible. I made that mistake once and had to return a set of bindings because they wouldn't work with the boots I had. I had purchased an "older" pair of Dynafit bindings off a clearance rack but didn't realize the reason they were so cheap was that they had since changed their design, so it was really hard to find boots that were compatible. REI was good about the return, but it was just kind of a PITA. These were AT bindings, though, so a little different than XC, but I know there are several types of XC bindings as well.
I appreciate it!

I decided to buy a new set of Voile 3-pin bindings, and they should be compatible with most 75mm 3-pin boots.