What did you buy today?

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Pianomover

Sea to Summit long titanium spoon? If you eat freeze dried meals it's great. Sturdy too. I think I could take out a bear with it.
If any of you have a porcelain sink never leave titanium cookware in it. It will stain quickly and you’ll be in trouble.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

regehr

There are certain sources that are so pure and wonderful, it's almost criminal to treat them.
Yes! I was up in the mountains this summer and got sent on a water run and found a little cascade coming out of a big snowbank and just sat there and drank about a liter of the clearest, coldest, best tasting water. I think the only better water I know is from a well on my dad's farm which must have just the right mineral content or something.

OTOH, I ran outta aquamira for a few days by accident this summer, had to drink from a couple of questionable sources, and came down with giardia symptoms two weeks later. To your point, not all water is created equal.
Yep! Those little pills weigh nothing and I generally try to bring enough to finish out a trip.

LarryBoy

Hiker Trash
Yes! I was up in the mountains this summer and got sent on a water run and found a little cascade coming out of a big snowbank and just sat there and drank about a liter of the clearest, coldest, best tasting water. I think the only better water I know is from a well on my dad's farm which must have just the right mineral content or something.

Yep! Those little pills weigh nothing and I generally try to bring enough to finish out a trip.
The tablets are pretty expensive though. I use the liquid drops, which area little more work but a tiny fraction of the cost. A pair of bottles costs 10 bucks and lasts me 45 days of everyday use.

Chuck the Mauler

Formally known as "kcwins"
I may be going for one of those soon too. Been using a Sawyer Mini since I first started backpacking, but after sharing it with one other person on a 3-night trip, I'm not a fan of how slow it is.

x2 on that request @Tipi Walter. Volume? How much weight do you carry in it when it's fully loaded?
You might be interested in this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075X5R67T/?tag=backcountrypo-20

A buddy of mine had one when we were in Jasper and Banff and I loved it. So I purchased it before heading to the Sierras a few weeks ago. Just scoop and squeeze. Super easy. Super fast!