Album Trees

I love trees!!
This is my favorite tree picture. Taken in Bryce Canyon during a snow storm

the%20snow%20tree-L.jpg

One of my favorite trees from along the Boulder Mail Trail:
Good one Jammer. I was wondering who was going to post the first pic of this classic tree. I walked the BMT through before I was shooting digital. There is another fantastic, beautiful ponderosa near there by itself. I'll bet you have a picture of it too ???

One of my favorite trees from along the Boulder Mail Trail:
Good one Jammer. I was wondering who was going to post the first pic of this classic tree. I walked the BMT through before I was shooting digital.

Hey, I know that tree! Taken at a different time of day and in a different season.
IMG_9880.jpg

There is another fantastic, beautiful ponderosa near there by itself. I'll bet you have a picture of it too ???

I looked through my pics and it appears I didn't capture that one.

There is another fantastic, beautiful ponderosa near there by itself. I'll bet you have a picture of it too ???

Hmm... don't know which one you mean, so I guess you will have to post that one!

But, I do have this unusual one from Zion. There are a few like this in the North Gate Peaks area. It's a full tree growing from what appears to be a branch of the original tree that got bent over. Curious the botanical history/explanation if anyone knows.

ZionTree.jpg

Well, you have the right explanation. Snow load or a blow down tree or something else bent over the original young tree and then a branch took over growing towards the sky. You have seen the main trunk bend back upwards and form a z-tree before, right? These are not uncommon at all - especially in high snowfall areas.