Gear Review Thermarest NeoAir XLite

I use the All Season and love it. It was super warm while camping end of December and not noisy. I bought the large version despite the fact that I'm short. But I needed the extra width of it and was always rolling off the normal pads at night and couldn't sleep anymore.
The little bit of extra weight is really neglectable and I'm more than happy with the All Season.

I use the All Season and love it. It was super warm while camping end of December and not noisy. I bought the large version despite the fact that I'm short. But I needed the extra width of it and was always rolling off the normal pads at night and couldn't sleep anymore.
The little bit of extra weight is really neglectable and I'm more than happy with the All Season.

x2!!!

Thanks all for your infos.
I think, the All Season will be my new one. Hope to find a local dealer in Utah on my way to Escalante.
The large one is a little bit to much for me, Yvonne. :)

Is anybody using the pump sack, or AirTap pump?

the pump sack is kind of useless. I blow it up with my mouth, it's much faster

i-4vSk89J-L.jpg

The pump sack is crazy slow. The big advantage of it, though, is that it keeps the moisture from your breath out of the mattress. That can have a big impact on warmth with an insulated pad, and it can lead to mold with any pad. I read somewhere about someone seeing mold inside their pad with one of those see-thru pads. That's why I got that little battery powered pump...it's much faster than the sack and it keeps the moisture out...and it's really light. Plus, I'm just too lazy to blow it up by mouth! :)

That one is pretty much the same one I have. I think they just bought the design from the company I bought it from.

Looks like it is in the new model. That's cool. I like the new green color too. Not so much a fan of the aqua teal thing going on in the previous models.

I also have an original Neoair and I have to agree with everyone about it being noisy but comfortable and light. I hate blowing mine up though. Its usually about the last thing I want to do pulling into camp, but its a small price to pay if the the other option is trying to get comfortable with a rock in the middle of my back. I'm a little surprised that no one has commented about puncture problems. Mine hasn't done well when cactus needles are around. They make tiny holes but they're big enough to put me on the ground before morning. As much as I hate blowing up the pad in the first place, I hate doing it even more in the middle of the night. Its nearly impossible to find cactus needle holes without holding the pad underwater which usually isn't a possibility in the field. I've gone to bringing an old 3/8" closed cell pad to put under the Neoair and haven't had a cactus needle puncture since I've done that.

I've had puncture problems with nearly every pad I've owned EXCEPT the NeoAir XLite and the All Season, so far. For all the nights I've put on the XLite, especially without a tent, it's kind of mind-blowing that it hasn't had a leak yet. I've had a couple times where I thought I had one, but it must have been a grain of sand in the valve or something because it went away.

I've got an old Thermarest Prolite that I've never had to repair. It does seem tougher but it weighs more and is a lot thinner than the Neoair. I hope your luck holds on having no punctures. I seem to be a magnet for things like cactus needles , dirt, and scratches.