Album The members of backcountrypost.com

I didn't make them, but pulled them off Amazon's list of top books (to avoid) for this century. :cool:

How's Belgrade treating you guys?
It's been good so far! Nice and quiet, and not as hot up here (but still relatively hot with this current heatwave). Haven't gotten too far out on any trips yet, but we've been trying at least to head to the Bridgers, Gallatin range, or Madison range every weekend. I need to get out backpacking though. Been too many months since my last one. None of my backpacking buddies live up here though, so I've either gotta toughen up and go solo in grizzly country or drive a little farther and go places where they're less prevalent or not present. Or actually attempt to make friends here? That one may be tough :lol:

And in the spirit of this thread, here's one of Jessica and our dog Penny descending to Heather Lake up the farther reaches of Hyalite Canyon.
IMG_20200726_103327.jpg

Last edited:
Great photo!

Belgrade's nice - away from the craziness of Boze. You guys will love it up there. I'm getting ready to escape to the Tobacco Roots in a few weeks.

Last edited:
It's been good so far! Nice and quiet, and not as hot up here (but still relatively hot with this current heatwave). Haven't gotten too far out on any trips yet, but we've been trying at least to head to the Bridgers, Gallatin range, or Madison range every weekend. I need to get out backpacking though. Been too many months since my last one. None of my backpacking buddies live up here though, so I've either gotta toughen up and go solo in grizzly country or drive a little farther and go places where they're less prevalent or not present. Or actually attempt to make friends here? That one may be tough :lol:

With all those great ranges so close sounds like you're going to have to go for the solo in grizz country. (yikes)

Hey, I'm heading to Cache Creek on September 10th. You two are more than welcome to join the group.

Hey, I'm heading to Cache Creek on September 10th. You two are more than welcome to join the group.
I'm interested. Had some friends bail on a Winds trip that was set for the week after that, so I've got nothing scheduled for about two months.

With all those great ranges so close sounds like you're going to have to go for the solo in grizz country. (yikes)
I'll just carry cymbals and bang them together every 10 seconds.

In seriousness, plenty of people do it just fine. I'm just not as mentally strong as they are. Haha.

Selfie on top of Sepulcher Mountain in Yellowstone

sepulcher%20summit%20selfie%20copy-XL.jpg

The Phases of Mount Olympus

The Trailhead Phase
01.jpg

The Top of Suicide Hill Phase
02.jpg

The Saddle Phase
03.jpg

The Delightful Scramble Phase
04.jpg

The Summit Phase
05.jpg

A quick hike up Mount Olympus this morning. Awfully hazy at the top. You could just barely make out Broads Fork Twin Peaks. :(
06.jpg

Hey @Outdoor_Fool, do you know what this means? :D
07.jpg