Album The members of backcountrypost.com

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Carcass

I went through old files and found a picture from 2017 having way too much fun with the lava on one of my tours. Lol :)
I sooooooo wanted to fly to the Big Island last year to see the flows. But staying married was more important.

b.stark

Forever Wandering
If you ever feel like you're not cool, I'm here to help. Just minutes around me and you'll feel confident and good looking! Epic hair styling by my bike helmet.

20190325_181019.jpg

scatman

So, the upper sign is the mph for vehicles and the lower for hikers? :)
You got it. If you look very, very closely, and if you've got good eyes, and I know you do @Rockskipper because you were able to make out a Yellowstone map on the wall of my house, you can see a small sign that says 0.15 which is the crawling speed up City Creek. I managed a 0.20 today, which was a personal best. I'm so proud! :)

Training for the personal best. :scatman:
IMG_6008 - Copy.JPG

IMG_6010 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

Rockskipper

No ETA
@scatman, do your neighbors have a telephone tree so they know when to get their binoculars out to watch the crazy Scatster? :wavespin::wavespin::wavespin:

And you do realize that .20 was speeding, right?

Last edited:

scatman

@scatman, do your neighbors have a telephone tree so they know when to get their binoculars out to watch the crazy Scatster? :wavespin::wavespin::wavespin:

And you do realize that .20 was speeding, right?
Your response made me crack up @Rockskipper - one of those deep down belly laughs. Not sure what the neighbors think of me, but I should charge them if they are getting entertainment value from my antics. And shush about the speeding aspect of 0.20. :)

Artemus

I walk
Brother Dan, aka Underscore, in his element: desert wilderness. Down low in the Kanab Creek Wilderness below the north rim of the Grand Canyon. We did a grueling 5 day trip a week ago and I hope he writes the trip report. :cool:

publishSmWr-1-2.jpg

Last edited:

Artemus

I walk
Notice of Disclosure: @Nanda and bad-morass Scooter one quarter of our way around Temple Mountain at our recent BackcountryFest get together. Scooter loves to pick out au-naturale pillows proving he is one BackCountry dog. A picture of the two of them one half of the way around posted here. BTW I know now that this is both of them smiling at the one quarter mark. Not so much at the half mark. But really, @Nanda, Scooter and their second canine companion, Hope, are troopers.

publishSmWr-1-4.jpg

Last edited: