Album The members of backcountrypost.com

Where the heck is Olson Lake!?
Look for Olson Creek. The lakes directly east of the Guardhouse.

DSC_0245.JPG You can see part of it in this picture, the top lake.

I was going to write up the trip report this week, but need to wait until I get back to my other computer down in Utah. It's kind of a good one. Most incredible trip i've ever done. I'm going to send you a link with more pictures.

I sort of feel guilty posting all of this, but if some of you guys are going to count bag nights, I would prefer to just post pictures, and hopefully encourage a few people looking at them to get out here.

Do as you please, I'm always pumped to read your reports and see the photos and videos. And I'm probably not alone in saying it would be awesome to see how many bag nights you get in a year. Haha.

Do as you please, I'm always pumped to read your reports and see the photos and videos. And I'm probably not alone in saying it would be awesome to see how many bag nights you get in a year. Haha.
Thanks Jackson. I didn't mean it as a negative towards the bag night thing. I just don't always feel comfortable posting stuff, since it can be a lot, and some people take it as a "look at me" type thing, which is not what i'm going for.

Thanks Jackson. I didn't mean it as a negative towards the bag night thing. I just don't always feel comfortable posting stuff, since it can be a lot, and some people take it as a "look at me" type thing, which is not what i'm going for.

I see that from people on Facebook a lot. They never post anything and seem annoyed by people that do post things because they actually go and do things. You know, the "he's always on vacation" people. Fortunately, this is Backcountry Post. The only thing discouraged is discouraging people from posting. Anyone looking at BCP is here to see posts of people showing what they're up to in the outdoors.

Oh I didn't take it negatively! I figured it was about not wanting to toot your own horn, and I admire that.

Thanks for the inspiration with all these recent posts!

Hi all,

My name is Corey and I am a new member to backcountrypost, from Missoula, MT. What I love about where I live is acccess to multiple wildernesses in a close proximity: Selway-Bitterroot, Rattlesnake, Mission mountains, and more. I am also just a few hour drive from Glacier, which I have been attempting to keep a once a year trip up there a tradition. I am hoping to compile some photos and info together to create some TR's for some of the backpacking and day trips in my area. On to a couple photos:

My faithful trail partner (remi) and I atop Stuart Peak in the Rattlesnake Wilderness:
13450068_10153831260080805_1326251125689126426_n.jpg

Me along Avalanche Creek in Glacier
10672433_10152459749550805_2831963406554388371_n.jpg

And finally, checking out the SW horizon towards Idaho on the trail up to Nelson Lake, southern part of the Bitterroot mountain range.
14725648_10154168845430805_2683229929987016025_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am a new member to backcountrypost and am from Missoula, MT. What I love about where I live is acccess to multiple wildernesses in a close proximity: Selway-Bitterroot, Rattlesnake, Mission mountains, and more. I am also just a few hour drive from Glacier, which I have been attempting to keep a once a year trip up there a tradition. I am hoping to compile some photos and info together to create some TR's for some of the backpacking and day trips in my area. On to a couple photos:

My faithful trail partner (remi) and I atop Stuart Peak in the Rattlesnake Wilderness:

And finally, checking out the SW horizon towards Idaho on the trail up to Nelson Lake, southern part of the Bitterroot mountain range.
Welcome! I've been eyeing the Mission Mountains for a little while. Looking forward to seeing your trip reports!

Hi all,

My name is Corey and I am a new member to backcountrypost, from Missoula, MT. What I love about where I live is acccess to multiple wildernesses in a close proximity: Selway-Bitterroot, Rattlesnake, Mission mountains, and more. I am also just a few hour drive from Glacier, which I have been attempting to keep a once a year trip up there a tradition. I am hoping to compile some photos and info together to create some TR's for some of the backpacking and day trips in my area. On to a couple photos:

Whats up Corey! Glad to see you on here.

Whats up Corey! Glad to see you on here.
Thanks Joey, I found this awesome place because of you! I still have a couple beers with your name on them next time you swing through missoula!

Old Man of the Mountain
- 1,500 feet up on Wham Ridge in the San Juan mountains. Cold and tired after a pre-dawn start. I then looked at my watch and calculated that we were going to be benighted on top. Things got a lot more active after that. I am scared of the dark....
View attachment 35163

Reading this scared the m and m's outa me I'll tell ya.

@Dr Nebz, you appear to be eager for that white stuff. Is that the hill above the cabins in BCC?

Yeah, I love snowboarding. I moved to the split a few years back since I was burned out from riding the resort. Touring is challenging. Keeps you in shape for backpacking season. If you are a powder hound like me, well quality is far better than quantity.

This was taken right below Twin Lakes Dam.