The Inspiration Traverse - Part 3

ram

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Questions asked from the first two segments. The trip was July 11th-16th and yes it was before the fires. We saw our first plume of smoke on the 18th.
I have no idea what kind of tent it is. I don't know tents. I am a tarp type of fella.

After arriving on the summit of Primus, at 8:30 PM, we were treated to NO wind and the warmest temperature of this trip. We had our share of cold breezes, coming off glaciers and some chilly mornings, in the days before. But now? Never more than light shell weather, for the near 3 hours we spent cooking dinner and enjoying the views, as evening turned to dark. We watched the sun go down over Mt Shuksan and the moon, an hour later, set over Mt. Baker.

We woke the next AM to a glorious sunrise, still with little wind. Really kind of miraculous. We lounged around for a bit and then descended down to Lucky Pass and traversed the Borealis Glacier, which took much of the day. We found a lovely little pool of water, to camp by, on the lateral moraine, on polished granite, to enjoy one more day up high.

Dinner rock

Telephoto of Eldorado

Forbidden again

Johanesberg

Buckner

Glacier and Klawatti

Sun going down behind Shuksan

Moon on the way to behind Baker

Seven hours later, it is time for sunrise

Heading down, we would end up camping to the left of the lake on the next to last hill

Snow melt stream, heading down into a hole. Jenny lounges

The last glacier. A long steep traverse

Glowing campsite

Primus

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Ugly

Life really is better Here
The whole series has been a great, inspiration. Thank you.

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.