The full-time RV dream

I really enjoyed all of these vids. Regarding Tess's question about transferring her skills to a mobile position... If you get a job styling hair for one of the major chain type places, would it be possible to request a transfer to a different franchise location every few weeks? Like once a month? You could still travel around the circumference of each location during each month. Probably not the level of freedom you are looking for, may not be feasible, and the pay might not be what you are looking for, but just an idea.

Not a bad idea at all. We welcome all suggestions, and that one is a great idea.

Google Maps question. I'm trying to build something like this on my site:

http://www.gonewiththewynns.com/map#

I like how you can click on each pin to learn more about it. I've never used google maps to store data before. Any ideas of how to do this?

I'd like to be able to click on a pin, pull up a quick summary, and a link to my YouTube videos from our travels in that place.

Google Maps question. I'm trying to build something like this on my site:

You can do much of the same by just creating a google map and embedding it, but you can't customize it as much as they did. For that you'd need to learn how to do some coding in the Google Maps API (Javascript), or if you were using something like Wordpress, there might be some plugins out there that make it more of a wysiwig experience.

I went way down that rabbit hole when I was working on BCP Trail Guides and the BCP Map. It can be pretty tedious.

You can do much of the same by just creating a google map and embedding it, but you can't customize it as much as they did. For that you'd need to learn how to do some coding in the Google Maps API (Javascript), or if you were using something like Wordpress, there might be some plugins out there that make it more of a wysiwig experience.

I went way down that rabbit hole when I was working on BCP Trail Guides and the BCP Map. It can be pretty tedious.
I've done a little bit with the map I have on my blog, with pins on the different locations, with links to the specific posts. It is tedious and not super friendly- I had to break the master map down into separate maps because there was starting to be too many pins. On the flipside, it sure makes a better location-centric way to browse through posts!

That was a compelling video. I think I'm starting to catch the fever guys. Unfortunately the professions my wife and I work in would be impossible to "mobilize". Wish I had thought of this back in college when I was choosing my major and career path.

Which logo do you guys prefer?

TMWE%252520logo.jpg

Right.

One other thought though. A narrow, taller logo like that can be pretty tough to work with. It looks great, but having something leaning a bit more horizontal is easier to implement in various formats, IMO.

Cool, thanks for the input. Regarding the one on the right, if you saw it alone, would it be obvious that it's a snow-capped mountain on top?

Regarding the one on the right, if you saw it alone, would it be obvious that it's a snow-capped mountain on top?

It never even occurred to me that either was a mountain. It just seemed odd that part of it was greyed out on the one on the left. Now that you say it, the one on the left definitely looks more like it, but if that's what you're going for, I'd try it some other ways. It's too subtle, IMO.