Album The dogs of backcountrypost.com

View attachment 88301
This is Penny, and we've had her for almost a year now. I can't remember if I've posted her picture here before. She's a big fan of hikes, and I'm hoping to get her out backpacking for the first time this year. Just have to learn to trust her more off leash.

She looks like a great trail companion! Do you have a back pack for her yet?

This is Penny, and we've had her for almost a year now. I can't remember if I've posted her picture here before. She's a big fan of hikes, and I'm hoping to get her out backpacking for the first time this year. Just have to learn to trust her more off leash.

Looks like Black Mountain in the distance?

Looks like Black Mountain in the distance?
I knew you'd recognize that. We headed out there after I got your report on the amount of people on the trails up there a few days ago. Perfect weather on Sunday.

She looks like a great trail companion! Do you have a back pack for her yet?
She's great! No pack yet, but soon. Gotta get her used to wearing one and carrying a bit of weight before summer backpacking really gets going.

This is Hawk (he says you have to call him "Nighthawk"). It'll be awhile before he can get out there hiking and backpacking with me, but I'll probably have lots of questions when he gets old enough. We lost both of our older dogs in the last year. It's our first puppy in about a dozen years, it has been an experience.

DSC_0690.JPG

This is Hawk (he says you have to call him "Nighthawk"). It'll be awhile before he can get out there hiking and backpacking with me, but I'll probably have lots of questions when he gets old enough. We lost both of our older dogs in the last year. It's our first puppy in about a dozen years, it has been an experience.

View attachment 89395

Is he an English cream golden? He is adorable.

Wow, cute pup!

Meet Jazz. We got her at the end of November 2019 at 8 months old. She was in need of a new home. What breed??? Even our vet was at a loss but my wife's sister sent us a DNA kit: 25% catahoula, 25% lab, 12.5% each border collie, aussie, and heeler, 12.5% unidentified mix. Classic mutt but a pretty nice girl.
50031168458_66d3f28434_6k.jpg

50031722126_f2012d708d_6k.jpg

Meet Jazz. We got her at the end of November 2019 at 8 months old. She was in need of a new home. What breed??? Even our vet was at a loss but my wife's sister sent us a DNA kit: 25% catahoula, 25% lab, 12.5% each border collie, aussie, and heeler, 12.5% unidentified mix. Classic mutt but a pretty nice girl.
50031168458_66d3f28434_6k.jpg

50031722126_f2012d708d_6k.jpg

what a good dog!

Spanky came to me as a request to foster him from the Moab Humane Society, as they couldn't keep him from jumping their fence and I had a taller one. He was rescued from the gravel pit out in the south end of the valley. They thought he was maybe a year old, maybe two.

He passed a few days ago at the ripe old age of 19 or maybe 20 (I got him in 2002). He was a very talented athlete and the vet thought he was a red heeler mix. Really smart and a real desert dog.

Here he is with my heeler, Blueeze (Weezee), looking for lizards (he's the white one):

So many lizards, so little time....jpg

Which way did those dang lizards go?.JPG

Weezee's now about 15 and kind of fading. We've sure hiked a lot of good trails together.

Spanky came to me as a request to foster him from the Moab Humane Society, as they couldn't keep him from jumping their fence and I had a taller one. He was rescued from the gravel pit out in the south end of the valley. They thought he was maybe a year old, maybe two.

He passed a few days ago at the ripe old age of 19 or maybe 20 (I got him in 2002). He was a very talented athlete and the vet thought he was a red heeler mix. Really smart and a real desert dog.

Here he is with my heeler, Blueeze (Weezee), looking for lizards (he's the white one):

View attachment 89634

View attachment 89635

Weezee's now about 15 and kind of fading. We've sure hiked a lot of good trails together.

did they find the lizards?