The Before/After thread

Not after, but during, from the field...
Classic Dolomiti - high above our villa in San Vigilio de Marebbe, northern Italy, yesterday.View attachment 70106

Wow- it looks like you have fabulous weather and you won't have to worry about all the very tasty carb loaded meals in Italy, when you hike so much :cool:
Enjoy your trip and keep sharing photos pls.

Before: headed out for either one or two nights on a solo trip to the Sawtooths. It was the only place remotely close that had a halfway decent weather forecast for this weekend. Doing the classic Alice/Toxaway loop. Wondering if I'll even see anyone out there.

Before: headed out for either one or two nights on a solo trip to the Sawtooths. It was the only place remotely close that had a halfway decent weather forecast for this weekend. Doing the classic Alice/Toxaway loop. Wondering if I'll even see anyone out there.

you will

Haha if anyone knows, it's you! I know the Sawtooths are very popular, but wondered if the weather would keep people home. Right on. I won't be too lonely then.

I would be surprised if you didn't see any one. I've done it in late October, and still saw a handful of people. It's a popular loop, and people like to camp at Alice.

Headed in The Winds this morning. Starting at Green River Lakes headed to Crecent Lake then either Dads or more likely Bear Lake then Scott and maybe, if all is feeling good Split Mountain Pass. Then just a few more days. Expected exit at Elkhart Park on September 2.

Had an excellent and challenging trip. Got 50 nights out. Did not end up going to Dads or Bear in the first leg. Did cross Split Mountain Pass and visit Bear towards the end.

EA5C946C-4CCE-41EF-AFE6-3EBE5E45C6B5.jpeg

85D96BCB-4715-4A37-AEBE-1610A7EC7231.jpeg

34065BCC-D90A-4487-9B3D-93006D32CBE3.jpeg

586966F3-E76C-4192-8C8C-2369C90EF6BA.jpeg

B0BF30F8-7EF3-4B1D-B5F1-9F93D926E788.jpeg

1E6346F3-DA36-4394-9B94-5762E1283F09.jpeg

742C7E79-6396-45EC-94B7-231C5FC977A2.jpeg

see any one else out there?
A few groups dayhikers the first day. Didn't see any backpackers on my way up, but the next morning on my way out, I walked by and spoke briefly with a pair of guys that had come in behind me the previous night and camped at Alice Lake. Saw 2 or 3 day hikers on the way out. Seemed pretty good for such a popular area.

Last edited:
Before: Heading out in the morning for a visit to Cuberant Basin returning via the Lofty Lake loop. Not sure how much snow I'm going to see. Bald Mountain Pass UDOT weather station shows about 6-7 inches so I'm bringing the snow shoes just in case. Hoping to get a good view of the fire damage in the Duchesne river drainage.

Before: Heading out in the morning for a visit to Cuberant Basin returning via the Lofty Lake loop. Not sure how much snow I'm going to see. Bald Mountain Pass UDOT weather station shows about 6-7 inches so I'm bringing the snow shoes just in case. Hoping to get a good view of the fire damage in the Duchesne river drainage.

After: I’m zero for two for my goals for the day due to deep drifted snow but it was amazingly beautiful!

100e6ab46c2e0f8e564505c7d46624b9.jpg
f1b3a8d91ff36931efb8167657302043.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk