Album Snow and Winter Shots

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

Dreamer

off grid
Yeah, you got it @wanderlust. It’s a shallow mill pond near by and it freezes up nice and early. :thumbsup: Looks like I might even be graceful. ;)

Wanderlust073

Something I never got the hang of as a kid. Should give it another go...

Dreamer

off grid
Something I never got the hang of as a kid. Should give it another go...
Definitely worth doing. The best is a frozen stream. Never could get into rink skating.

OwenM

Living in AL, and hiking mostly at lower elevations there and in TN, these are about as wintry as it gets for me, short of polar vortexes or late winter/early spring trips to UT. I was really fired up about getting some "real weather" this past week in the NC mountains, but had not figured on breaking out my raingear. The difference between the occasional 40mph gust, like I had in mind, and 40mph *wind* was quite noticeable, though!

My friend sent me these. Guess he paused when we were setting up(btw, I was totally jealous of that tent before it was all over with):

The sun finally dared show itself the next afternoon:

wsp_scott

Living in AL, and hiking mostly at lower elevations there and in TN, these are about as wintry as it gets for me, short of polar vortexes or late winter/early spring trips to UT. I was really fired up about getting some "real weather" this past week in the NC mountains, but had not figured on breaking out my raingear. The difference between the occasional 40mph gust, like I had in mind, and 40mph *wind* was quite noticeable, though!

My friend sent me these. Guess he paused when we were setting up(btw, I was totally jealous of that tent before it was all over with):
View attachment 85599

The sun finally dared show itself the next afternoon:
View attachment 85600
Looks wintery :) where were you?

Don't like ads? Become a BCP Supporting Member and kiss them all goodbye. Click here for more info.

OwenM

The first pic is on top of Big Hump(Hump Mtn), and the second is somewhere between there and Carver's Gap on the AT.

We just did a quickie overnighter. Forecast said 27, but it was 19F by dark.
It was this, but in reverse, so it could feel like it was all uphill:rolleyes:
19E to Carver's Gap, +4 miles, 'cause my friend left his phone in my car, and we went back for it:

SteveR

Yvonne- looks like Christmas came early and you got what you wished for!
For us- a nice gift came in the form of 12 cm of cold dry snow overnight on Saturday on the usual xc ski trails, after warm weather accompanied by strong winds and some rain on Friday-Saturday. Yesterday was like skiing in a Christmas card.
P1090405-copy.jpg

P1090418-copy-2.jpg

One of the many great things about this trail network, is that dogs are allowed, off leash!
P1090425-copy.jpg

SteveR

Avoiding retail frenzy on the 26th.
P1090475-copy.jpg

Hoarfrost foliage after a few cold clear nights.
P1090472-copy.jpg

Beautiful to look at, potentially deadly in the future, from an avalanche perspective.
Breaking trail up an old mine road, on the 27th, on the way to a day of backcountry powder skiing. This was the most sun we would get all day as we were skiing a ridge with a northerly aspect.
P1090503-copy.jpg

Setting sun on the Opal Range, as we cross the lake after a fine day of very good powder turns. No good pix of that- it was cold out.
P1090533-copy.jpg