Personal Locator Beacon Recommendations?

Wonder which focus group recommended they mold it out of "impossible to find when dropped at dusk" blue.
That was the feed back I gave them as well. I suggested glow in the dark. Besides that it looks like a good fit for long trips and through hikes.

I used my inreach for the first time in the wild last weekend in Great Basin NP. It worked fantastic, messages sent and received reliably, and I kept it on almost the whole time and after two days battery was still at 70%. I was a little bummed when I Found out about the spotX, wondering if I made the right decision, but I think I am happy with how things went down.
That is great!

I feel like I have great battery life on my inreach, however, I lose signal very often.

Luckily, so far, I end up camping in places with signal. Overall, still happy to have it!

Just an update to this for anyone who is interested.

They sent me out a new device and it appears that the original device I got was bad. The new device they sent me seems to last about 6 days on one charge with 10-minute tracking turned on and sending/receiving a couple messages each day, which is better than the last one I had, although still not the 10 days they state in the specs (I didn't really expect it to last that long, though).

Well, right now I cannot recommend the SPOT X. You can read all my thoughts about it here:

http://adventr.co/microposts/spot-x-review/

I'm trying to work with their technical support to see if they can resolve these issues (mainly the poor battery life), but if they are not able to help me I will probably return the X and go back to my Gen3 and think about trying out an InReach later on. The messages are still going out reliably for me, it's just problems with the device itself....possibly fixable with firmware updates since it's so new.