Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

Welcome, John! Nebraska isn't too far off, Miss Buffalo comes out from New York and spends more time in the southwest than most people who live there! I guess it probably doesn't help much to always be looking at the trip reports getting posted. :lol:

Haha, I can only hope to be inspired with that sort of dedication one of these days!

It seems you're already infected with the love for the Southwest. And you know what?
It's incurable and is even getting worse. Especially when reading all the great trip reports all the members are posting. ;)
I believe it! It is definitely getting worse for me (or is it "better"?)... Hopefully I will come fully to my senses at some point, as it appears you have! :)

Wow, that's great Miss Buffalo!! Husband and myself thought we would...gulp....retire out West, but our son and DIL just graced us with a set of twin girls last month and I'm not leaving them!!! Of course I am going to watch them when she goes back to work:D
It may happen in a few years!

Yay! That's great news Yvonne. Your heart belongs out here, so it makes total sense for you to move. Very exciting!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

definitely Lisa. Too bad I needed so long for the final decision, so I missed the deadline for this fall semester. But I'm looking ahead for next fall semester, I'm totally stoked and can't wait. :)

Hi all:
I'm Adam and just joined after seeing some great postings about a Maze trip from ibenick and corresponding with Phillippe. I'm from NYC, but try to get to Southern Utah as often as possible -- did a great canoe trip down Stillwater Canyon last Sept. and fantastic backcountry camping in recent years in Capital Reef and Escalante. I have a Maze trip planned soon and am looking for some advice and possibly some participants. Will post in the trip section. Cheers. Adam

Hi all:
I'm Adam and just joined after seeing some great postings about a Maze trip from ibenick and corresponding with Phillippe. I'm from NYC, but try to get to Southern Utah as often as possible -- did a great canoe trip down Stillwater Canyon last Sept. and fantastic backcountry camping in recent years in Capital Reef and Escalante. I have a Maze trip planned soon and am looking for some advice and possibly some participants. Will post in the trip section. Cheers. Adam

Welcome, Adam! We're happy to help! I have another Maze trip coming up soon as well!

Hey, I'm Kelly. Student at the U, loves to camp and fish.
Stumbled upon the site looking for places to take the dogs. Got a Great Dane and a Bandogge. Saw the 40 Mile and Willow Gulch, definitely going down there in May :)

Stumbled upon the site looking for places to take the dogs. Got a Great Dane and a Bandogge. Saw the 40 Mile and Willow Gulch, definitely going down there in May :)
Welcome to the site Keliko we're happy to have you here!

Can't believe I just found this forum. I and Mrs. J have been bumping arround the four corners together for over 30 years. We've done hundreeds of hikes and backpacks and rivers and I'm sure we will be reporting on new adventures soon. We live near the Gila and Aldo Leopold wildernesses so if anyone needs recomendations, just ask. I have'nt figured out how to get an avatar uploaded yet but here is a picture of us with all of the Gila in the background.

Jim & Jackie on Schoolhouse Mt.JPG

Welcome to backcountrypost, JayBea. Glad you found us. ;) Looking forward to seeing more of what New Mexico has to offer!

As for the avatar, just hover over your username at the top of any page and select "Avatar". If you've already gotten that far and it's just not uploading, try uploading a smaller image.

Screen Shot 2012-04-23 at 5.10.22 PM.png

Hi everyone,
Donna here! I'm from South Jersey and been a "Jersey Girl" all my life! Sad to say I am a flat lander, but do try to correct that every chance I get!:lol:
Husband and myself love to backpack and hike and find ourselves at the bottom of the Grand Canyon every chance we get! We're not "youngsters" but still have a few good years left:D
Still learning my way around this site so have a lot of exploring to do!

Hey Donna ~ glad you found the forum here. Great group of folks on this forum.....you will love it. Looking forward to seeing you and Oscar again... this time in Moab this fall ~ RDD

Kelly, Curious how does your Dane like hiking? Our Dobe doesn't seem to be taking to it much.

Short term lurker from Australia most of the time, from Moab as often as I can be there. Overwhelmed by the quality of the photography on this site.

Noel ~ Sorry Max and I missed you guys on your last visit. Looks like you had a blast. I am glad to see a lot of the TA gang finding this forum. Hope to catch up with you before this fall. Will you be coming back again before then? I think you are the only person in the world that will fly from Australia to Moab.......just for a weekend. Again......good to see you hear on the forum.

RedDirtDawg said:
Looks like you had a blast.
We sure did. When returning to my alternate reality I was asked, 'How was the break?' ... "Stirred up rattlesnakes in Mule Canyon, poked around Uranium mines on Polar Mesa and crashed my bike on Slickrock. Absolutely Awesome!"

Emma and I will be back in 3 weeks and that will probably be the last time until September. In the meantime I can read through these trip reports and look at my pictures. This was the last photo on my camera before we left last week;

Shaman by outtrimau5, on Flickr

moose droppings here
big fan of the desert, forest, ocean, and mountains.
stoked to go anyplace where the cameras of Nick, Summit42, Phillipe, _____________ {your name here}, et al. have been.
reside in SLC. will travel in any direction.