Noobs: Introduce Yourself!

Hello! I think i may be the youngest on here?! I am turning 21 this month and i live in west valley city, utah. Nick iv been visting your site for the past year waiting for each new blog you post up and its been wonderful. The internet is a great resource for finding out camping information and stuff of the like but you really gotta dig through it at and sometimes you might not even find information at all. Until i ran into your blog, you made trip reports in the uintas no one has even written about, information that has helped me alot in deciding were we should go from here. And i may not go out adventuring and exploring as much as i would like to but i always know i can come here and read your or anyone elses adventures. Thank you nick your really have something going on here and im glad to be apart of it now. :D

I live in Boulder too. The other Boulder. Boulder Colorado. Traveling, hiking, photography and dancing are my passions. I am new to photography, so sometimes overwhelmed on all there is to learn! The Rocky Mountains are my playground most of the time. Any interest in Trip Reports from my region?

Great site!

Welcome to the site JoanieBelle!

I live in Boulder too. The other Boulder. Boulder Colorado. Traveling, hiking, photography and dancing are my passions. I am new to photography, so sometimes overwhelmed on all there is to learn! The Rocky Mountains are my playground most of the time. Any interest in Trip Reports from my region?

Great site!

Welcome to BackcountryPost, JoanieBelle! Tons of interest in trip reports from the rockies! I haven't seen nearly enough and Colorado is so close that it's inevitable that I'll be heading that way more often in the years to come! I've seen a some cool stuff from the western side of the Colorado from Ranger Joe and IntrepidXJ but would love to see more from further east. Bring it on!

Hello! I think i may be the youngest on here?! I am turning 21 this month and i live in west valley city, utah. Nick iv been visting your site for the past year waiting for each new blog you post up and its been wonderful. The internet is a great resource for finding out camping information and stuff of the like but you really gotta dig through it at and sometimes you might not even find information at all. Until i ran into your blog, you made trip reports in the uintas no one has even written about, information that has helped me alot in deciding were we should go from here. And i may not go out adventuring and exploring as much as i would like to but i always know i can come here and read your or anyone elses adventures. Thank you nick your really have something going on here and im glad to be apart of it now. :D

Haha, yeah! When you said youngest I was getting ready for you to be like 16 or something! You're really making me feel old! Stoked to hear that you've been a blog reader for so long and happy that I helped with your Uintas trip planning. It is tough sometimes to even find a picture or two about some places up there! Welcome to BackcountryPost!

Wayne checking in. I signed up a couple of weeks ago but have not had an opportunity to introduce myself yet. I live in Roy and have been exploring Utah for most of my life. I am new to backpacking and enjoy photography. I look forward to finding more places to explore and learning more about photography from the many great photographers that post here.

Wayne checking in. I signed up a couple of weeks ago but have not had an opportunity to introduce myself yet. I live in Roy and have been exploring Utah for most of my life. I am new to backpacking and enjoy photography. I look forward to finding more places to explore and learning more about photography from the many great photographers that post here.

Welcome, Wayne! If there's one thing I've learned about being a part of this community, I am always discovering new places I want to explore. You're in the right place! ;)

Hello all! I've been referred by a great photographer Scott Barlow, with whom I've taken many great trips in Utah's backcountry. Looking forward to the words of wisdom and great finds of other hikers.

Hi everybody, I'm Bob "Killer" Palin (no relation), I have lived near Torrey for 8 years now having previously been in California and originating in England. I'm not a backpacker but I like to get out and walk with the dog in the area, 40 years of soccer and 20 years of skiing had an affect on my knees so I'll probably never be a long distance hiker either. I ride motorcycles, including a dirt bike, I stay strictly on the trails but I hate them being closed to me!

I've always dreamed of living in the desert, as a kid in England I grew cacti in my bedroom and ate my cereal dry as "there wouldn't be any milk in the desert", not sure where I thought the cereal would come from...

Hey everyone - It's nice to see some of the people that I enjoyed reading on the other B site. I am known as brookiekiller on there, but have decided on a new name as I truly wander the Uintas. I just moved to Evanston, Wyoming and have been very busy getting settled. I look forward to reading your stories, as well as posting my adventures in the Uintas and Windrivers. I will start daily trips to the Uintas in a few months and will give some updates on the conditions. First update - there is still snow on the ground here in Evanston:)

Hey all, I'm Thomas and have been at the base of Little Cottonwood Canyon (currently Cottonwood Heights) in Utah for coming up on 10 years now. Originally from Michigan, moved here to be a ski bum after college and now have made Utah home. I am in to photography, hiking, camping, biking, snowboarding, splitboarding, some off road, hockey and basically anything outdoors. I don't end up hanging on forums too often but hopefully I can contribute and learn just enough.

Hi everyone, I am Angela and I live in Bakersfield, CA. Originally from Germany, I moved to the US in 2008. Eversince I could walk, I started to explore things. I still do to this day. I love hiking, Photography, and everything that has to do with nature, beauty and the fun that comes with it. I have a special love for the Desert, and I love everything about it. I am looking for new adventures, and people that share the same passion for the things that I do. I am glad to be a part of this community...

Thanks ibenick, and yes, I've been there a few months ago, and will be back to hike Teleskope peak at some point. I love it there, and the Mojave of course :)