Maple candied bacon...

Alison

Hooligan in search of Hoodoos
I am a lover of bacon. This recipe is special occasion worthy AND backpacker food friendly. Be prepared, people will fight you for the last piece.
1 LB Thick sliced bacon
1/2 Cup maple syrup, Grade B
1 tsp Dijon mustard
finely ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with heavy foil. Place a baking rack over the lined sheet tray and arrange bacon across the rack next to each other. Do not overlap.
In a small bowl, whisk the syrup and mustard. Generously spoon over the top of bacon, and bake 12 to 15 minutes. Turn the bacon over and baste with syrup mixture. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes, or until bacon has reached desired crispiness.
Carefully remove the pan from the oven. Sprinkle bacon with pinch of fine ground pepper. Let bacon rest on rack for 5 minutes.

Oh that sounds gooooooooood! I've been on a primal diet since Thanksgiving and that's still something I can eat! The maple syrup is kind of an indulgence but still... definitely going to try this!

Oh that sounds gooooooooood! I've been on a primal diet since Thanksgiving and that's still something I can eat! The maple syrup is kind of an indulgence but still... definitely going to try this!
Served this bacon at a baby shower and the mom-to-be layered it over her cake for an extra taste bud explosion. HEHE! Good luck with your diet.

Can you leave the mustard out? Or substitute something else? (I HATE mustard)