Guess the spot

North of there too.
This spot is named for two features visible in the photo.

Ben, this is a Great Spot! Have been there! Yes will echo what you said - North indeed of Cannon Beach, Oregon.

It is Shi Shi Beach and the Point of Arches in Olympic NP.

Ben, this is a Great Spot! Have been there! Yes will echo what you said - North indeed of Cannon Beach, Oregon.

It is Shi Shi Beach and the Point of Arches in Olympic NP.

Point of Arches is the one!
Welcome back!

Point of Arches is the one!
Welcome back!
Great spot and pic, Benito! I am going there.

Does anyone know how I can find all the places/spots I said that here so I can actually remember to go there.

My greatest love of this thread, and this site, is in discovering new places to go see and enjoy. I even bookmark them by committing to going there. I just can't go back and find these commitments in the 4,590,240 posts and comments that I earmarked for future visit :help:

Last edited:
Yes! this Point of Arches and Shi Shi beach is a Great Spot to hang out for awhile. Thanks for posting Ben!

Now here for the next one. Hope you Enjoy! Hint: Have had several good close Grizzly Bear Encounters here and near here in my life!

p227295640-4.jpg

Last edited:
There has been no guesses. Well, then gonna post another for people to guess.

This here above is Clear Lake in the Teton Wilderness in Northwest Wyoming.

Now for the next one here below, it should be easy. If no guesses by Sunday. Then someone else can take over for am heading on a trip to wonderful Zion.

Here is the next one:

p514093034-4.jpg

Hey @Kmatjhwy Sorry I didn't guess on the first one. I was actually looking in the Clear Creek Lake area on Google Earth the other night but failed to make the connection. Looks like a beautiful area. Nice photos.

Two Ocean plateau on the right, upper Yellowstone Valley?

Last edited:
Outdoor Fool, you are correct! Yes it is the Upper Yellowstone Valley or also called 'The Thorofare'. Go For It!

So you were looking at this Clear Lake area on Google Earth the other night. It is certainly a nice nice nice place. Have been here many a time with some really amazing close Grizzly experiences happening here.

As for this photo of the Upper Yellowstone Valley, this was taken near the backcountry campsite of 6Y6 and looking upstream - up the valley. It also was taken near the beginning of August some years ago. Yes it is Two Ocean Plateau on the right. The small point on the left above the trees is Yellowstone Point. And the back mountains in the center are the cliffs and peaks near the Jay Creek Drainage and are along the Continental Divide.

Glad that someone guessed. Now as for myself, in just a couple of days will be heading to Zion Nat'l Park for several delightful weeks. Planning to spend some time in the backcountry with especially back into the Kolob area. Wishing Everyone the Best!