Guess the spot

Too many trees for Elbow.

I'm going to take a guess that is the south facing slope of Rainier so maybe you are in the vicinity of strawberry mountain

I agree that it screams Glacier peak.
I looked at one of my pics from Trico Mountain, and I was too far south, so it seems to be north of Trico.

Not Glacier Peak (although I really want to hike around there!). I'll post another pic looking in the other direction (from roughly the same point) later.

Hint: the scraggly little peak on the right has the coolest name of any peak ever. From other angles it's quite an impressive peak itself

Ok, here's the view in the other direction, looking from the same summit/ridge. If anyone can't figure out the spot that the photo was taken from, but knows the names of six of the peaks from these two photos, then I will declare you the winner:

1000001585.jpg

Looks like Mt Jefferson with Three Fingered Jack to the right. That would make the other peaks South, North and Middle Sisters, The peak to the left is Mt Washington. Were you on Echo Mountain?

Looks like Mt Jefferson with Three Fingered Jack to the right. That would make the other peaks South, North and Middle Sisters, The peak to the left is Mt Washington. Were you on Echo Mountain?
Wow, I expected someone to get the distant peaks but I didn't expect anyone to figure out where I was (maybe if I look at the map it's not that surprising). That's all correct, so you're up!

Back